Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The bike is smashed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

For a second I was thinking of this :
    1159587965947.jpg
    Couldn't understand where the front cyclists bike was gone. Then I saw he was very small. And not wearing a helmet. Tsch.... And the look on yer wans face on the left. CLINK goes the penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Glad to read both the kid and Arvesen are alright the picture looks horrific.

Now where is that thread on spectators and cycling gone, it is Friday after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Ouch that looks like a rough crash. Good to hear both the boy and cyclists are okay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Arvesen, in his final year before retirement, has had his share of mishaps this season. Not only did he crash in the team time trial on stage 1, he also crashed and broke the saddle off his bike in Paris-Roubaix, riding 20km without a seat before finally quitting the race.

20kms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Sorry but how bloody stupid can a kid be to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Sorry Caroline but kids can do all sorts of things that are beyond adult comprehension.
    The kid probably saw on the tv others picking up bidons and worked form there.
    Think of a kid running out onto a road to chase a ball/dog/cat/frog without looking.
    Safe enough to say ,though, he wont do it again and was lucky not to be seriously hurt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

The silly cyclist probably didn't even have a bell on his bike.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sumone

Vélo wrote: »
    The silly cyclist probably didn't even have a bell on his bike.;)

Yes but he was wearing a helmet and that surely saved his life!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,838 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'm sure road tax comes into this somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,838 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Hungrycol wrote: »
    20kms!
    By a strange coincidence, not one hour ago, I was reading this page:

http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/lifestyle/myths.htm
    Legends, which I won't look at here, are stories about a real person which are supposed to be true but are not. We certainly have enough cyclists who have accomplished legendary feats, Cindy Whitehead winning a race after riding 50 miles without a seat [...]

EDIT: In fact, here she is during the race:

whitehead4.jpg

and after:

whitehead_gray.jpg

http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/whitehead.htm

Advertisement