Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing networks

Options
  • 26-08-2011 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

what do i need in order to change networks? can i just take a sim into the shop or do i need a phone too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've NEVER had it happen and I upgrade pretty often - new one on me :) - or is it when changing providers only?

Unrelated: Anyone know what's the best network at the min for free calls and texts (preferably to all other networks) and decent data.
    (and don't say Meteor as I'm with them now but some appalling customer care and billing issues means I'll never go near them again when the contract is up next month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 leon.healy

If you are a prepay customer you need the current sim operating in a phone. (except for if you are transferring to 02)

if you are bill pay you need to have completed ur contract. You need to have a utility bill and id dated within 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 leon.healy

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I've NEVER had it happen and I upgrade pretty often - new one on me :)

The call back is not necessary. Each network has their own conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Its a spare sim card

The last time i took a phone to be changed all they was change the sim cards. thats why i thought i could maybe just take the simcard

• Registered Users Posts: 12 melanie2009

I want to switch from 02 to 3 bad customer relations in 02. I already have a contract with 3 with credit and want to use the 02 number as I have had it for years . Can anyone tell me what to do to just swap the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call 1913 and tell them you want to port your number onto your 3 account

They told me I could not have my current number that I could unblock it after a year?
    is this true or am I talking at cross purposes with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I'm confused, you have a number on O2 that you want to keep or you have a number on a 3 account that you want to move to another 3 account?
    Also what'd you mean by a contract with 3 with credit ?

I have an 02 number which I want to keep and move to 3, but 3 say it can't be unblocked for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I have an 02 number which I want to keep and move to 3, but 3 say it can't be unblocked for a year

are you talking about the phone or number?

the number

Advertisement