Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luggage Dunnes or Penneys

Options
  • 26-08-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has bought luggage in either Dunnes or Penneys in Galway and if so what the quality was like.

I am putting this in Galway city as the shops sell different pieces in different cities and I would like to see what the Galway selection is like.

Usually I would use a rucksack but I need to get a decent sized suitcase for a long haul flight; nothing too gigantic but not a trolley dolly bag.

The ones in Dunnes and Penneys seem basic but are nice and bright and look up a few journeys and just wondering if anyone had used them……
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

carmex21 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has bought luggage in either Dunnes or Penneys in Galway and if so what the quality was like.

I am putting this in Galway city as the shops sell different pieces in different cities and I would like to see what the Galway selection is like.

Usually I would use a rucksack but I need to get a decent sized suitcase for a long haul flight; nothing too gigantic but not a trolley dolly bag.

The ones in Dunnes and Penneys seem basic but are nice and bright and look up a few journeys and just wondering if anyone had used them……
    Thanks
    :)

I preferred Dunnes but TK Maxx have some nice ones too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

I bought some time ago suitcase on wheels in Dunnes - was travelling with it about 4 times -no problems. (it was the kind of plastic/hard one)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Bought a pair of soft-top (textile) suitcases in Dublin's Dunnes exactly 10 years ago; all in all, and normal wear and tear taken into account, they're still going strong - thumbs up! (if that's any help to ya :))

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I'd second TK Maxx, better quality and quite reasonably priced, the Dunnes and Penneys ones seem a bit lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I bought a big enough suitcase in Argos and it was rubbish, the wheel came off it the 2nd time I used it. Brought it back and I had a very hard time changing it for another one. They kept telling me it was my own fault for it falling off. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks for the replies.
    That's great as I had totally forgotten about TK Max. Deffo have to have a look there followed by Dunnes and Penney's ; bound to find one between the three of them.

Thanks for the heads up on Argos. I had looked online but some of the reviews were not great and I don't like the fact that you can't see them first so I think I will give them a miss this time.

Just realised I have to now drive into town as opposed to cycle!! hmmmm, trolley dolly pulled by a bicycle?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Penneys reduced their suitcases to €10 during the summer , now I need one and they're full price again. I've been watching out to see if the reduce them again but they havent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

bought my luggage 8 years ago in dunnes (soft top) and they are still going strong, and they would be used anything from 4-6 times a year between myself and other family members using them.

Advertisement