Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3 - Any Help?

• 26-08-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

So I just purchased a second hand copy of Halo 3 for my XBox360

I've never played Halo before, haven't a clue what it all means, but knowing that it is extremely popular and there's a forum dedicated to it on here - before I even put the disc in my machine - I wanted to ask what I should do, what I should know and how best to approach it.

I reckon it's pretty rare I should find an entire game series I know virtually nothing about but I'm hoping the good people here can explain to me the basic concept of the story so far and why there seem to be two versions (there was another titled Halo 3: ODST) on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I'd recommend Halo 2 before you play 3 but that might be hard to come by.

Halo 3 ODST is set during one of the levels of Halo 3 and Halo Reach is a prequel of Halo : Combat evolved (The first one)

Basically, and without spoilers to Halo 3. The people of Earth are at War with Aliens called The Covenant. Covenant worship an extinct civilization called the Forerunners. The forerunners were wiped out by parasites called The Flood.

Halo is a megastructure the forerunners built to contain and study the flood. Halo is also a weapon that wipes out all life in the galaxy to prevent the parasites: the flood from spreading around the galaxy, effectively starving them

The covenant think the Halo rings are a tool for salvation and not their own destruction

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Unisaur 64

Try playing campaign and looking for the difficulty skulls (They add different things to the game, e.g. the "Catch" skull causes enemies to be extra grenade-happy ;D ).
    I'm not much for completing games on the highest difficulty (I'm a noob =P ), but Halo just drove me to complete it on Legendary because it was so good.

Multiplayer is what Halo is best known for, but with the arrival of Halo: Reach, Halo 3 Matchmaking has been "streamlined" into a select few playlists. Don't worry about not finding players though, many people didn't take to Reach and still play Halo 3.

Custom games can be great fun, they add another kind of multiplayer to the game. I recommend you get an account on Bungie.net so you can browse and download player-created Forge maps to your xbox. ]Forgehub is better for browsing maps, but you still need the Bungie account to download them (don't worry, your Windows Live ID can be used).

Try adding people fomr matchmaking and inviting them to custom games when you find a good map and gametype.

My GT is "Unisaur 64" ;D

Advertisement