Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mermaid-like restaurant - HELP!

Options
  • 26-08-2011 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭

So I opened my big mouth and told a group of folks visiting from the US that I would set up dinner....but I haven't been to Dublin since last Christmas, and apparently Mermaid Cafe on Dame Street (my old go-to place) is CLOSED! :eek:

Can anyone recommend a similar restaurant that would be a good alternative? We will be a group of six.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Pichet is really lovely. Also, there's The Pigs Ear or The Pearl Brasserie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

The Green Hen on Exchequer street is fab! Well worth a look - french bistro
    appart from that Pear Brasserie is amazing but pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Thanks - these all look great. I will call around and see what we can get.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargrrl

Definitely Winding Stairs restaurant is most like Mermaid I've found in terms of atmosphere, food, service etc plus the manager there used to work front of house in The Mermaid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Rustic Stone is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Stargrrl wrote: »
    Definitely Winding Stairs restaurant is most like Mermaid I've found in terms of atmosphere, food, service etc plus the manager there used to work front of house in The Mermaid. :)

I'd second the Winding Stair - great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Hootanany wrote: »
    Rustic Stone is nice.

I find the smell in there dreadful whenever someone is cooking fish on the stone - was there one night & I don't know if the ventilation was not working or what, but my god it was dreadful - has put me right off going back. Even though the food was OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 conan_

You can review opinions, photos and know something more about Dublin's restaurants on http://www.menupages.ie/ :rolleyes:

Advertisement