Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any experience with 123.ie tenant's insurance?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

As the title thread says - does anyone have any experience of them and their cover? It seems a bit too easy to sign up, I'm wondering if there are any weird conditions or loopholes in their cover, are they a nightmare to deal with etc, as obviously they're not going to tell me this :pac:.
    I badly need tenant's insurance to cover myself and my girlfriend's possessions, as we'd be absolutely screwed if there was a breakin or fire, but it's really difficult to find such a thing in Ireland. BOI is only for married couples afaik and getcover.ie have a little clause that invalidates me because the apt block has a shared hallway/stairway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

I was with them but their premium increased significantly on renewal and I switched after the first year. Didn't claim so can't comment on that side.

The whole model of online insurers such as 123.ie is to make it as easy as possible to sign up so I wouldn't be suspicious of that.
    They take your money easy but then it's dealt with then in the normal way over the phone and by post. Things like providing valuation certs etc. still have to be done by post etc. before you'll get certificate out.

Most insurers will insure you with a standard policy (similar price). Just set value of buildings cover to ZERO. Obviously phone them for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

I am with them the last 3 years and have found them to be good but I have not had to claim off them yet. Like the above poster said their renewal costs increase significantly each year but if you log onto their site and create a brand new quote you will get it cheaper than what the renewal has quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

RSA insurance underwrite all 123 policies. They are a well established insurer. One of the oldest I believe. Just give them a ring with any questions u have. Make sure u declare such things as bicycles, mobile phones. If u have anything over a grand advise them of that as well. Ask what the x/s is on every claim.be sure to read the policy. It's like everything, you get what u pay for

Advertisement