Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB 9900 Bold Vs. BB Torch 9810

Options
  • 26-08-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I need to make a decision on which one of these to go for today. Its a workphone, kinda leaning towards the Bold, not much in the price difference for me so I choose either. I have a samsung S2 for my personal so good for internet browsing etc.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Req

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've got the Bold 9900 at present and think it's fab. The torch 9810 is quite different with the full screen and slide out keyboard. I'd only see an advantage in it if you wanted a much larger screen for work. Otherwise I think the bold 9900 is far superior. Its got an amazing keyboard too (better then the 9810)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Nice one exactly what I was thinking, i like the idea of having the keyboard right there in front of me and I'm not going to be using this for internet browsing so my mind is made up.

Thanks again mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Cookie, I was thinking of this phone myself. Out of curiosity what is the internet browsing like?

I find the combination of touchscreen and keyboard great for browsing. I'm replying to this from the device. It doesn't support flash but it's still rumoured to be coming although that may not arrive until The QNX operating system. Certainly the browser is a big improvement over the older version on OS6

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I find the combination of touchscreen and keyboard great for browsing. I'm replying to this from the device. It doesn't support flash but it's still rumoured to be coming although that may not arrive until The QNX operating system. Certainly the browser is a big improvement over the older version on OS6

QNX should be the biz, my 9900 will be here today or tomorrow, so once I get it and play around I'll write up some of my comments, QNX brings android app support right?

• Advertisement

Yes it's rumoured to. Considering the Playbook from Blackberry (running QNX) has android support then I'd expect the handsets to support android too.

Advertisement