Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OH has skilled migrants visa.. Can I obtain De Facto??

Options
  • 26-08-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi

My boyfriend of over 3 years recently obtained a skilled migrants visa for Oz and I am slightly confused about whether I can now apply for de facto on this visa or should I have applied for it before he submitted his application??

Thanks for any help at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

yeah he can add you. But most people do apply together.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Zambia wrote: »
    yeah he can add you. But most people do apply together.

Yea I guess when he originally started the whole process we werent that long together so didn't want to jump the gun! Does he have to be living in oz as a usual resodent though before adding me now or can we apply here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

1306 wrote: »
    Yea I guess when he originally started the whole process we werent that long together so didn't want to jump the gun! Does he have to be living in oz as a usual resodent though before adding me now or can we apply here in Ireland?
    As part of his application he would of had to say if he was single or in a defacto relationship even if he wasn't putting you down as part of it. I don't know if it matters much, but I put down defacto on mine even as my GF weasn't going on it, just in case.

Are yous living together?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

1306 wrote: »
    Hi

My boyfriend of over 3 years recently obtained a skilled migrants visa for Oz and I am slightly confused about whether I can now apply for de facto on this visa or should I have applied for it before he submitted his application??

Thanks for any help at all!

What you could do is , if he is moving to Oz m you want to go too but dont want to wait the possible 6 - 8 momths the defacto visa to come through is you go on a WHV n apply out n Oz. That way you can be together while it's processed. That is of course if ure under 30 and never had a WHV before.

It's quite legal to do this as you'll see the app asks you are you applying inside or outside Oz. Just to let you know you'll need loads of proof of your relationship. Joint bank account , bills photos etc. Everything to prove your relationship is true and long lasting.

Also remember if granted you can only remain in Oz as long as your BF does.

As we always say here only advise so double check all facts before doing any thing.

Hope all goes well for you.

Advertisement