Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CRC's new Belfast Shop

• 26-08-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭

As a few of you know crc are now in Belfast, just off the motorway so about 2 hours from Dub...

Was thinking about heading up there to have a look.....Anyone ever been in there old store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Yeah, dropped into the shop yesterday evening. Pretty impressive. Lots of accessories and gear on display, but probably not as many bikes as somewhere like Wheelworx.

They have a good range of stuff for Road/ MTB & BMX plus Tri / running. think they are opening a coffee shop too, but it didnt seem to be open yet.

Haven't been in their other store so can't compare I'm afraid.

Thought some of the bikes were cheaper in store than online but cant be sure. They weren't advertising a sale or anything.

Not sure if it's worth the drive from dub just for a look, but if you were after a bike or something in particular it would. Plenty of other stuff on the Boucher Road too like B&Q, Homebase, furniture shops and Garages if you wanted to do other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Cheers for that, was thinking about zipping up there... pick up a few things that are not always in stock here in Dub....but may not be worth a 2 hour spin you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Sure if you have the time to do it, go for it. You will get to see some sweet bikes in the flesh. The Sram Red gear even gets its own glass cabnet!

Just don't blame me when you post in the "Should have left the credit card at home" thread. :D

edit: if you did want something in particular and they didnt have it in the belfast shop, its only about another 20 mins out to their warehouse in Ballyclare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Just had a look on there Facebook page, looks great, certainly the biggest bike shop in Ireland, less bikes on display than Wheelworx, though a more diverse range, lots more clothing and accessories..

Might head up there on Sunday for a look around..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I'm going to visit it tomorrow. Provided I can get past the picket line of disgruntled (ex-)customers, I'll do a report :pac:

Tenzor07 - it's not open on Sundays, save the journey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nice to know that if I absolutely need to get something from CRC urgently, I can go straight up to collect it. Petrol would cost around €60 for the round trip though, so you'd want to be making a large saving. Can't think of any bike parts that are €60 cheaper from CRC than an LBS.

Might do it whenever I'm buying a new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭dare2be

Just a heads up Lads.

Make sure you ring before you head up to the new Belfast store and ask them if they have what you are after in stock, especially if you are travelling long distance.

I went over yesterday (5min car journey) to get a replacement USB stick for my Garmin and they didn't have it,after a bit of head scratching and colleague-asking. Granted it was only open an hour at that stage.

It is not up there (yet) with the main head office shop based out in Doagh where you can dander in and get what you want over the counter and even in that case i still ring just to make sure.

Its a well laid out shop and in the short space of time i was in it i was impressed and i'm sure when they get up and running properly it will be a great place to spend your hard earned!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Why not make a day of it and swing into Slane Cycles on the Andersonstown Rd as well? :)

CPL 593H

Advertisement