Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a loan of shoes

• 26-08-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Long shot request......! My son is due to do the Kelly sportif this weekend and has outgrown his shoes. I ordered a new pair with Wiggle on 13th thinking this would be in plenty of time but as of this mornings post, they have still not yet arrived. Short of shelling out for another new pair locally, I'm trying to track down a loan of a pair, and I guess it has to be fairly local to me in the SE. So, any chance that anyone has a pair of SPD compatible shoes available for this weekend, in size 43 or 44(if Shimano/tight)....?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

Are you in Dublin? I can lend you a pair as I won't be needing them this weekend. Size 44 of these http://www.kingbarcelona.com/en/catlike-scheme-orange-mtb-shoes-p-4463.html?manufacturers_id=113

you'd need to call to collect from dublin 15.

Edit: I see you are in Waterford... I guess that's a non runner then...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Thanks for the offer.Are they SPD compatible? In any case, I'll not be able to avail of it unless we can find a middle-man heading to the Kelly sportif in Dungarvan this weekend who can collect......?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer.Are they SPD compatible? In any case, I'll not be able to avail of it unless we can find a middle-man heading to the Kelly sportif in Dungarvan this weekend who can collect......?

Yip. Spd cleats on them. Working fine... used them only last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I have shimano 43 shoes I use for mountain biking. I'll probably be going through Waterford on the way down to sign on tomorrow night.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

SORTED!

I rang around a few guys and sourced a pair from a guy I used to work with. Nice Sidi 44s, so all is set for Sunday.

Many thanks for the offers on here. The cycling community is such that I knew I'd get offers and you guys didnt disappoint - hope I can return the karma at some stage.

;););)

• Advertisement
Advertisement