Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy S2 v@s htc

Options
  • 26-08-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi im a newbie but would really appriciate some advce and knowledge on these two phones. I currently have an Apple 3gs 16gb but have had some serious issues with it, sent it back and its still switiching off in the middle of calls or while browsing the net, verrrry annoying!

So im due an upgrade and can get either for free and was looking for advicer eon the pros and cons on both. Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

sissco wrote: »
    Hi im a newbie but would really appriciate some advce and knowledge on these two phones. I currently have an Apple 3gs 16gb but have had some serious issues with it, sent it back and its still switiching off in the middle of calls or while browsing the net, verrrry annoying!

So im due an upgrade and can get either for free and was looking for advicer eon the pros and cons on both. Thanks in advance :D

Both excellent phones, it comes down to your preference (obviously)

The main difference is really about:
    1. Feel/weight
    2. UI - Sense vs TouchWiz

So really I would recommend playing with a working model of each in a shop.

The other big difference is that the SGS2 is much easier to root and has a lot more developer support for custom ROMs/themes etc. For most people this is not an issue, but for some it is.

There are small differences between screens/camera

I have SGS2, keep it in a case which adds to the thickness slightly, but it's already so slim, and I take it out of the case when I want to keep it lightweight.

Loads of these threads in the Android forum if you search

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Sorry if this is off topic, but anybody know of a good app for ringtones for the Galaxy S2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sissco

Zagato wrote: »
    Both excellent phones, it comes down to your preference (obviously)

The main difference is really about:
    1. Feel/weight
    2. UI - Sense vs TouchWiz

So really I would recommend playing with a working model of each in a shop.

The other big difference is that the SGS2 is much easier to root and has a lot more developer support for custom ROMs/themes etc. For most people this is not an issue, but for some it is.

There are small differences between screens/camera

I have SGS2, keep it in a case which adds to the thickness slightly, but it's already so slim, and I take it out of the case when I want to keep it lightweight.

Loads of these threads in the Android forum if you search

Thanks a million for your reply, im really not too bothered about certain apps its just that with the iphone crashing on me the whole time im afraid to get the 4 so ive decided that android is what i want but now that ive a choice im like a child in a sweet shop.

the only thing the guy in the phone shop said was the htc is so sensitiverif i drop it that more or less it kaput! now im nervous of this as im do alot of stuff with horses so i need a phone that can withstand a certain amount of abuse within reason of course. cases etc will be bought of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

sissco wrote: »
    Thanks a million for your reply, im really not too bothered about certain apps its just that with the iphone crashing on me the whole time im afraid to get the 4 so ive decided that android is what i want but now that ive a choice im like a child in a sweet shop.

the only thing the guy in the phone shop said was the htc is so sensitiverif i drop it that more or less it kaput! now im nervous of this as im do alot of stuff with horses so i need a phone that can withstand a certain amount of abuse within reason of course. cases etc will be bought of course.

Well tbh I think they're both have good build quality. The Samsung is a lot lighter, and so doesn't feel as sturdy, but I don't think that that is necessarily the case. I think you just need a good case, certainly plenty available for SGS2, and I presume same for Sensation

Advertisement