Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser/Cirrus (Bank of Ireland type) in South East Asia?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi!

Will B.O.I. Laser/Cirrus cards work in Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam? Had a little trouble with this in Cuba when BOI had sworn blind that they would work...not something I want to repeat.

Also bringing the visa card but want to have a backup, just in case.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They won't work as Laser Cards, they'll work wherever you see the Cirrus sign on the ATM - just like in Cuba - not all ATMs support Cirrus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I used mine in Thailand if your heading that way, however the fees are a rip-off and your better off pre-loading your credit card with money as it will cost less and give you universal access to your dosh unless you end up somewhere like North Korea or Antarctica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

If you lodge money in your credit card and you lose/stolen it, you will not be covered by insurence for the ammount that was in credit. You will only be covered for anything that is debited to your card after your balance has reached zero.

Yea, Cirrus works fine.. Rarely find a place on the classic circuits that wont have a Cirrus ATM.

Advertisement