Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Course - anyone get a call for interview yet...?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone got a call for interview after the Science Lecture on Wed night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

ye I got a call back i have an interview on monday:)

we have the short maths test 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Yep, my girlfriend got a call just there too - she was asked to come in on Monday "for further discussion" - were you told the same thing, or were you called in "for an interview"?

There was no mention of the maths test.......

Don't want to analyse it too much, but just wondering...

im pretty sure she said interview but she did say it was ver informal and short!she did tell me about a short maths test !der is sample papers on the website and its only 4questions!

I was confused about a maths test 2 because when I phoned the other day they said there was not a maths test!but the phone call this morning i was told of a short one!

• Advertisement

hmm... that's a bit worrying... why wouldn't she have mentioned the maths test...

i dunno to be honest,when i first applied in june i was sent a little slip of paper telling me about the interview on the 24th and to look at my level of maths on the website?

im starting to doubt myself now 2,i was excited when I got the call ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I just got a call there too. Asked to come in for an 'interview'. No mention of a maths test either but I'd imagine she's assuming people know about it from the website.

Thanks for that, at least she wasn't the only one not told about the maths.

I wonder do they get you to come back in even they have bad news for you?

I doubt it. I tried to get the day changed as I'll be working. They couldn't do it so I'll have to miss a day. I won't be happy if it's just to be let down.

• Advertisement

they couldnt possibly call you in to tell you you didnt get a place!its a bit of a waste of time really and colleges are pretty busy around this time of year organising all the students etc!

Fair points!

I'll have to make sure she brushes up on her maths so!

she cant print off the sample papers online,at least its not until monday.:)

Yep, but I wondered why they don't give the answers to the sample questions?

I know they're fairly simple, but they're obviously designed to trip you up, with the brackets all over the place. Seems like giving the answers would be helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you're unsure on whether you have to do the Maths test, give Thomond a call or mail just to clarify for yourselves. I'd imagine that the test won't deviate from the examples on the website. So it's a case of practising them. If you look on line, there will be examples of how to do them or get your Maths books back out!!

The interview is very informal. They just want to make sure you are aware of the class hours, and that you can commit to the course.

i just got a lend of a maths book there so im just going to keep practising them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I received a call to come in for an interview and Maths test. God if the questions are similar to the ones on the site then I've no chance, very long time since I done anything like that, I've not got a clue! Still, good luck to everyone, hope you get on well.

hey all,

how did everyone find the interview and maths test?

Ugg terrible, I'd be surprised if I even got a grade :(

ye im feeling the same myself!I thought it was a bit unfair the pre tests online where nothing like the test we had today!did they tell you when you would hear back?I forgot to ask!?

• Advertisement

Aye by the latest friday. Though they kept saying it was just to gauge our subject knowledge as of this moment, I'm not so sure it applies to everyone. I'm thinking if I done that badly I won't get a call back at all. Though I could be very wrong, won't know for a few days I guess!

Thought it was a bit unfair not to have any of the sample questions on the actual test bar one. I struggled with the maths.

Thought the interview went ok but it's always easy to be negative about interviews. They only seemed to be looking for people that actually wanted to do the course so i'm sure everyone here will be fine.

Same here, my girlfriend was very unhappy that the actual paper was so far removed from the samples on the website. Why did they have 2 more or less identical sample papers on the site, then present a completely different one for the actual test? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

They did say it was just to see where we are in terms of ability in maths, but that it is not for grading and basing whether you get onto the course or not. Personally I've nothing against whether the questions are astrophysics or 1+1. I'm sure most will be fine, either way we'll find out before the weekend.

She got a call back, she's going to UCD :) I hope it's good news for everyone else too!

ah thats brill tell her congrats!I haven heard anything yet!

Thanks for that :) Best of luck to you, I really hope she'll see you there too!

I just got a call there. Looking forward to it starting now. Congrats to anyone in and good luck to anyone still waiting.

I got a call 2:)I guess ill be seeing you guys 2:)congrats!

• Advertisement

hey, nice one!! :)

Advertisement