Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Course - anyone get a call for interview yet...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I got a call back Friday, was offered a place ^^ looking forward to it too! See you the 19th! Though she said I'd have to catch up on my maths and get 2 books, one for Leaving Cert and one for Junior Cert :( either way I'll get the head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Try not to worry about the Maths. They have a great Maths tutor who goes through all the steps of working out the sums. It will become easy, once you know how!

Also, there is a Maths Support Centre in UCD. It's a drop-in centre and they have certain times when its specifically for people on the Access course. So you will have a lot of help if you need it.

The internet has many MathsHelp forums so check them out too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

Lenmeister wrote: »
    I got a call back Friday, was offered a place ^^ looking forward to it too! See you the 19th! Though she said I'd have to catch up on my maths and get 2 books, one for Leaving Cert and one for Junior Cert :( either way I'll get the head down.
    I was the same with the maths so at least we aren't alone:)I have to get de books 2:)

I'm not alone yay!

By the way, does anyone have the answer to that riddle she gave everyone after the test? About the jars of sweets. I haven't googled it cause I want to get the answer that way but it's quite annoying!

I'm not alone yay!

By the way, does anyone have the answer to that riddle she gave everyone after the test? About the jars of sweets. I haven't googled it cause I want to get the answer that way but it's quite annoying!
    Seriously whatever bout de answer to de riddle,but what's de point of it?

• Advertisement

Ahh sure it's just a brain teaser :) No hard done xD

Ha ha ah I know but wasn it mad getting handed that on de way out I thought it was another test ha ha!I think de answer is 3anyway?

ladymolly wrote: »
    Ha ha ah I know but wasn it mad getting handed that on de way out I thought it was another test ha ha!I think de answer is 3anyway?
    Have you been told anymore bout the course cos wen I got the call my coverage wasn great and I didn't know whether u had to email her bout the course content or something?

Sorry for the late reply, all the course content you need is on the actual UCD Access to Science page. There's a link you can click on and you can download the course content but I can't seem to find it. I received an email from Thomond containing everything so you should have received one too. It states starting dates and day/times, aswell as what books to get etc.

Oh and as for the riddle - Apparently the answer is 2. That's what I thought at 1st but the more I dive into it the more I disagree! I'll have to barrage the Doc with questions when we start!

Sorry for the late reply, all the course content you need is on the actual UCD Access to Science page. There's a link you can click on and you can download the course content but I can't seem to find it. I received an email from Thomond containing everything so you should have received one too. It states starting dates and day/times, aswell as what books to get etc.

Oh and as for the riddle - Apparently the answer is 2. That's what I thought at 1st but the more I dive into it the more I disagree! I'll have to barrage the Doc with questions when we start!
    Oh really no I never received an email!I'll get into thomond so 2mor!thanks 2 is the answer is it!im not very good at riddles !cya Monday 

• Advertisement

Has anyone got the btea for this course? Or any other type of grant?

you cant get back to eduaction doing a part time course supposedly !They dont give any grants to part time either i went to a lecture on student grants and they dont any support for them anymore

What about dole, can you still be claiming dole or even just for the days that you do the course? I was in the social yesterday and was told to fill out the BTEA anyway. So maybe there is something you can get, I've to drop it all in Monday morning anyway, late but sure I had no other choice.

What about dole, can you still be claiming dole or even just for the days that you do the course? I was in the social yesterday and was told to fill out the BTEA anyway. So maybe there is something you can get, I've to drop it all in Monday morning anyway, late but sure I had no other choice.
    I'm on the dole myself at the moment,u can stay on it while your in the course but I still have to be trying to get a job which I am!

Yeah I'm in the same position, so it's actually pretty much pointless in applying for btea or anything like that since the dole is our support for the course?

Yeah I'm in the same position, so it's actually pretty much pointless in applying for btea or anything like that since the dole is our support for the course?
    Ye I guess so but sure send in the btea anyway ya never know at least they will know your doing a course at least, I think they will be a bit more accommodating and won't be on your back as much to get a job etc!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, sure I'll try that. Anyway too much great sport on today and tomorrow to be worrying about such things!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, sure I'll try that. Anyway too much great sport on today and tomorrow to be worrying about such things!
    Exactly I have my ticket for the final 2mor!I can't wait:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 skye22x

I attended the lecture on the wednesday evening in UCD as i was leaving for my hols and 5 am the next day i was a bit muddled so my lecture notes were not the best. while i was away i had a call asking me to attend an interview which i obviously could not as i was away, i emailed UCD in a panic explaining this but they could not accomodate me with an interview after the date said so i didnt get a place. im so annoyed. im trying to obtain a place on the climate and earth science course three years now :( and for anyone wanting info on the BTEA its the full rate of 186.00 you will not have to sign on and u can opt to have your payment transferred into your bank account weekly. good luck to everyone in their course.

Not trying to sound harsh, but if you've been trying the last 3 years why didn't you make sure your holidays were not around this time? People will drop out anyway so you still might be able to make it onto the course. Ye never know. Keep emailing them saying you really wanted it and if a place pops up within the next few weeks you might be in with a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 skye22x

Not trying to sound harsh, but if you've been trying the last 3 years why didn't you make sure your holidays were not around this time? People will drop out anyway so you still might be able to make it onto the course. Ye never know. Keep emailing them saying you really wanted it and if a place pops up within the next few weeks you might be in with a shout!

The holiday was booked as a birthday surprise for me from my new boyfriend. hopefully someone will drop out so i can steal their place :)

Ahh right right. I guess since he's only new he didn't know about the course then :P well about 3 people didn't show up monday or today so if they still don't turn up you might be in luck.

Advertisement