Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alcohol delivery service

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

can any 1 shed some light in this please, i want to know how u could go about opening up a business in providing an alcohol delivery service ie between the hours of say 9pm to 5am,what are the laws and is there any loopholes that u could do it,ie 24hour alcohol delivery service
    a lot of my friends now drink at home and have partys and every time it happens that they either run out of drink or fags or food and they always keep saying if only there was a service that could deliver to the door,i have checked the web and it seem to be a big thing in the uk,NOTTING COMING UP IN IRELAND DO,WHY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's illegal to sell alcohol off-licence in this state after 10pm.

That's why you can't have a 24 hour delivery service. There was a company tried to start such a service, believing they had found a loophole by having payment for the booze taken online and credited to a Spanish company, but they've been quickly shut down afaik.

There may be a possibility whereby people pre-pay for their beer before 10pm and you keep it in "storage" for them until they ask for it, at which point you deliver it. Legally grey though. You'd need a solicitor to run through it all. I imagine the legislation makes it an offence to commercially "supply" beer (as opposed to specifically selling it).

Advertisement