Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

I picked this phone up on meteor a few weeks ago. It's currently running Froyo and I downloaded the latest Kies to see about upgrading it to gingerbread.

Does anyone know what the story is? Is gingerbread officially released on kies?

Reason I'm curious is I get a dodgey message which says "this version of the device cannot be updated."

The firmware version is PDA:KC1/Phone:KB1/CSC:KC2(XEU)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

newkie wrote: »
    I picked this phone up on meteor a few weeks ago. It's currently running Froyo and I downloaded the latest Kies to see about upgrading it to gingerbread.

Does anyone know what the story is? Is gingerbread officially released on kies?

Reason I'm curious is I get a dodgey message which says "this version of the device cannot be updated."

The firmware version is PDA:KC1/Phone:KB1/CSC:KC2(XEU)

Don't think that it's officially released yet
    But Kies should say that you're firmware is up to date, rather than what you are getting. Samsung release all their firmwares, so they are available online and there are Gingerbread firmwares available for your phone.

You would need to head over to Samfirmware.com, register, and do a bit of reading of their guides.

Here is a link to the page I'm assuming your phone is the S5570

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Zagato wrote: »
    Don't think that it's officially released yet
    But Kies should say that you're firmware is up to date, rather than what you are getting.

That's what I wanted to here. It is hard to know what the current release is for each country / provider.

Also the fact that I get this message I guess is a bit dodgey. I might try installing it at home where I don't have all the security stuff running here at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

newkie wrote: »
    That's what I wanted to here. It is hard to know what the current release is for each country / provider.

Also the fact that I get this message I guess is a bit dodgey. I might try installing it at home where I don't have all the security stuff running here at work.

You don't need your provider's version (it will just have rubbish added onto it which will slow your phone and drain battery) you just need region specific firmware, in our instance European

But yes in order to be available on Kies your provider will have to OK it (i.e add $h!t)

Advertisement