Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

What's the story with subway in Portlaoise? Are they gone? Note on the door states that they are closed for a few days because of a fault with their fridge!!!

when I try to phone 8666301, I get the musical tone (disconnected)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

That sign was up about a month ago when I stopped by. Before that anyway the shop was becoming run down.
    Minerals were runnig out and not been re-ordered for the fountain, the till was broken for a while and never fixed. Their subcard machine was broken (prob as its the till).

I wonder was it struggling for a while. When I want a subway now, I head out to the Midway, and they accept subcards.

Although in Subway all over the country I found standards dropping, especially the steak, seems powdery or rubbery lately. Any one else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Same guy owns cloisters and that closed this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Yeah shame about that. Nice people and a nice pub. Great place to watch some football. Ive heard its being turned into Coppers Part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

**Vai** wrote: »
    Yeah shame about that. Nice people and a nice pub. Great place to watch some football. Ive heard its being turned into Coppers Part 2.

Just what the town needs. Another Coppers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Another Coppers, some extra halting sites and a coloured bridge in a much viewed part of town and I think we're lookin good for Tidy Towns this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Bicky wrote: »

No way! Cloister's closed?
    I moved to Dublin recently but am still following the Laois boards. I'm sorry to hear the Blue Bridge is gone, now the pub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 16hill

A young guy from dublin who lives in portlaoise has bought the pub and from what i hear he is not well liked in the area so i cant way to see how this plays out he made his money from construction cause he paid no one intresting how they still have money.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

That Subway was on its knees for along time.....as was the Pub pity to see business close in the town..Midway Subway was always nicer altough bit of a drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Eriu79

I didn't find that subway up to much would rather cycle out to midway and not feel so bad about getting a footlong to be honest. It is of course a shame to see places close down in town especially Jims kitchen, they always had a fabulous vegetarian selection in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Bicky wrote: »

He didnt own it just had it rented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 16hill

does it matter he still lost out have some respect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I'm going to miss my Subway fix. Maldron is just too much of a trek.

16hill wrote: »
    A young guy from dublin who lives in portlaoise has bought the pub and from what i hear he is not well liked in the area so i cant way to see how this plays out he made his money from construction cause he paid no one intresting how they still have money.

Dunno where you're getting that from, Ive heard its the owners of Coppers who bought the pub licence. Doubt the land has changed hands.

sea12 wrote: »
    He didnt own it just had it rented.

Dead right yeah, he had the lease for the pub. The place belongs to a prominent business man in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Ah poor old Portlaoise. Not even the pubs can survive these hard times eh? Mad i thought Cloisters was busy when i was home at Xmas. I bet the off-licences are doing well :)

pclancy wrote: »
    Ah poor old Portlaoise. Not even the pubs can survive these hard times eh? Mad i thought Cloisters was busy when i was home at Xmas. I bet the off-licences are doing well :)

Thats xmas for ya! Cloisters couldnt go on without your patronage Im afraid ;)

Biggest thing for me is its 1 less pub in town where you can get a gig.

Advertisement