Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating with E.C. & Grants

Options
  • 26-08-2011 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know anything about the grant if you're repeating a year? I was unwell just before the end of last term so am repeating the second semester of first year and taking a leave of absence until then (January). I know I won't be charged reg. fees so can't imagine that I'll be awarded them by the VEC...still, just wondering.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You won't get the grant until you progress to the next stage of your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

That's grand. And, just to be sure, you don't get charged reg. fees for a repeat year that you've gotten E.C. for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, as long as they are just repeats or resits you shouldn't have to pay the registration fee. You might have to pay the student centre levy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Beautiful! Thanks.

Advertisement