Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile and the €600 paperweight......

Options
  • 26-08-2011 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

A copy of this email has already gone to 3 mobile, "Liveline" show on RTE1, Comreg, NCA, Apple Ireland, and several other threads on Boards.ie.......

1. 17/08/11 - 3 declined us BillPay account due to them copying address wrongly from docs supplied. Had to pay €600 for phone instead.
    2. Phone has no coverage - not used since bought on 17/08/11.
    3. 3 refuse refund on grounds of no coverage - we must pay THEM €120 to unlock phone from network!
    4. Their latest ploy is that my unlocking fee has been "declined" on 3 different cards! Bank says off record that this is 3 policy - can that be true?
    They say I cannot unlock phone as we cannot pay the fee - very convenient!
    They refuse to accept cash or bank draft in lieu of card.

Is all this legal? Is there no remedy ?
    How should we proceed?
    Gary & Penny Toolan,
    Athboy,
    Co Meath
    PS I'm currently recruiting my friends to queue up with their credit cards to pay the €110 - we have 8 so far - I wonder how many they'll decline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Had to pay €600 for phone instead.

You didn't have to pay €600, they probably had phones for €60. Nor did you have to buy a phone from them at all, you could have bought a unlocked phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Had to pay €600 for phone instead.

A copy of this email has already gone to 3 mobile, "Liveline" show on RTE1,

Joe will probably put you on after a story about a widower barely able to feed his children.
    Should be a nice juxtaposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 leon.healy

ardmacha wrote: »
    You didn't have to pay €600, they probably had phones for €60. Nor did you have to buy a phone from them at all, you could have bought a unlocked phone.

From my experience in the business(Worked for a mobile communications retailer) you really don't have a leg to stand on. Maybe the not accepting anther credit card or cash though.

Also you could top up by €20 6 times and that will cover it. The €120 is because you must have topped up by €120 in the last 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's a disgrace Joe.

On topic: If an operator refuses to offer you the bill-pay service you were looking for, why not just go to another network? It's not like 3 are the only ones milking the fanbois for their iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Seems a bit strange that you should have no coverage, do Three not use one of the other networks (is it O2) for 2G signal if there is no 3G.

Maybe there's a problem with the actual phone.

What phone is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Zagato wrote: »
    Seems a bit strange that you should have no coverage, do Three not use one of the other networks (is it O2) for 2G signal if there is no 3G.

Maybe there's a problem with the actual phone.

What phone is it?

I thought 3 had no 2g service what so ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

cork45 wrote: »
    I thought 3 had no 2g service what so ever.

They don't, they use Vodafone's 2G network outside of their own 3G coverage area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've posted this in the Three forum too so I'm gonna lock this thread. Don't start any more threads about this.

PM me if you have any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement