Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps in Bottle Banks.

Options
  • 26-08-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I was at my local bottle bank this morning and when I threw in some cans a swarm of wasps came out :eek: I had to make a run for it, some of them landed on me, luckily I did not get stung.

It must be the time of year when they get aggressive so be careful if you are visiting any bottle banks.

It might be a better time to visit the bottle banks early in the morning when its still cold as the cold makes wasps docile :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

lamoss wrote: »
    I was at my local bottle bank this morning and when I threw in some cans a swarm of wasps came out :eek: I had to make a run for it, some of them landed on me, luckily I did not get stung.

It must be the time of year when they get aggressive so be careful if you are visiting any bottle banks.

It might be a better time to visit the bottle banks early in the morning when its still cold as the cold makes wasps docile :cool:

:pac:
    Wasps. ****in' everywhere Joe. Whats the gubberment doin' abou' da' Joe?

Joe-Duffy-Liveline.jpg

On a lighter note and very slightly more on topic - I seen the Charlie Chaplinesque dude outside the post office getting stung by a wasp today. He didn't mime that very well.

10710240-charlie-chaplin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I worked for a summer in recycling which involved going into can banks and removing big bags full of cans. I'd be in there sometimes with maybe 30/40 wasps and didn't get stung once.

I'm not afraid of wasps in any way because they don't sting people unless you piss them off in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not just the bottle banks , little buggers are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

bigneacy wrote: »
    On a lighter note and very slightly more on topic - I seen the Charlie Chaplinesque dude outside the post office getting stung by a wasp today. He didn't mime that very well.

LOL,pity i missed that :pac: That guy has to work harder for his money if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I got stung today:mad:.

Sitting down, inside and one came in and went down the sleeve of my top and stung me under the arm.

Honestly it's the sorest thing I've felt in a long time. The pain went all down my arm for most of the day. Very wierd numbing type pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Working in a restaurant, people sitting in the terrace tend to move dirty dishes (Jam) to other tables, thus making more mess for me to clean and causing the yokes to build up in a concentration! Ah Lord what's to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Working in a restaurant, people sitting in the terrace tend to move dirty dishes (Jam) to other tables, thus making more mess for me to clean and causing the yokes to build up in a concentration! Ah Lord what's to be done.

Maybe clean the tables more often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Maybe clean the tables more often?

Nah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Jam the feckers outta it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Drunk wasps rule !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement