Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found Scarriff/Feakle area

• 26-08-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I found a dog wandering along the Scarriff/Feakle Road today, I think it's a King Charles. He is very thin, coat matted and dirty.
    As soon as I stopped the car and opened the door he jumped in. Now he is at home with me, though my own dog isn't too pleased...:rolleyes:

If anyone misses a dog or knows about someone, please pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Nice looking dog.

I noticed a poster in the petrol station in Feakle a couple of days ago where someone had lost a dog. Can't remember the type or description.
    If I think of it, I'll get their phone number and PM you.

Good of you to take dog ad post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Thanks.
    I'll print posters tonight and will distribute them in the area tomorrow.

He is very affectionate and made himself right at home, and unlike my own dog he obeys when called :D.

He needs to be checked by a vet, though. He doesn't seem to be a "much loved pet" by the state of him. He has some front teeth missing, something is wrong with his eye and he most definitely needs a bath!
    But maybe he was just on the road for a long time.

I don't really want a second dog, if no owner comes forward. My own little devil is a handful enough.

So maybe someone out there would like to give him a loving home?
    That is, if he is not claimed by his rightful owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

i think that is the dog that is missing from scariff ther ladyworks at the vet and the dog is much loved but getting old now

Thanks, pmct. The vet in Scarriff was one of my first calls after I found the dog. It was not her dog, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

A lady reported a CKC lost to me on voicemail but she did not leave a number. I am not that far from Feakle/Scarriff. I have no idea where she is located either. If you need help with rehoming him then let me know.

The dog Carmel is missing is a Pomeranian called Punch, he is old and nearly blind :(.

• Advertisement

Thanks EGAR and all, but new situation:
    The dog disappeared again, but I think to a better life.
    And that's how:

He didn't want to stay in the house or around the garden (maybe didn't like the competion with my rather territorial dog :rolleyes:) and walked off. Not far away, though. He came every day for a treat and a cuddle, nibbled a bit at the food I gave him and toddled along when my dog and I went for our daily walk.
    But he always stayed with the holidayhomers nearby, who care a lot for the local dogs, the smaller ones at least.

The day they went back home to Dublin, the Charles disappeared, too. On the dot, since I saw them leaving and before that "talking" to the dog. And since the Charles likes to jump into cars and is very affectionate and the holidayhomers are a decent elderly couple I hope very much they took him and will give him a good home. He looked like a stray after all.

Next time those people are around I'll ask them. But if they really took him he will be certainly better off than before. As I said earlier, he didn't look like a much loved pet.

Trouble is, that around here in the country there are always stray dogs (and cats) around. I try my best, if the animals let me, that is I feed them and be kind to them. But I can't keep them around if they don't want to. I don't have a so-called secure garden. And some more mature animals are too frightened or not used to humans to stay around, no matter what you offer them.
    Thankfully there are quite a few people in my area who look after abandoned animals, too. But also some fierce farmers who infamously like to shoot any dog or any "live-stock-threatening" or "trespassing" animal.

Sorry for the long blather, but I have a long and mostly unpleasant history in my village about treatment of animals. That is I fell out with a lot of people. Not that I really care :D.

Advertisement