Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question-BF3

Options
  • 26-08-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

As per title. Can a laptop with these specs run Upcoming games including BF3 and skyrim on medium settings? Also it'll probably be hooked to an external monitor

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M processor (2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz)
    Hard Drive : 500GB Serial ATA II (7200 RPM) Hard Drive
    4 GB (2x2GB)1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory
    8X DVD +/- RW DRIVE
    Display : 15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera
    Graphics : 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M Graphics card
    Battery : Primary 6-cell 56W/HR LI-ION
    Wireless: Intel Wireless-N 1000 Card

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Its got a decent enough processor and enough RAM. However the graphics isn't that great. You'd probably get ~30-40fps on medium settings 1366x768 I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

deconduo wrote: »
    Its got a decent enough processor and enough RAM. However the graphics isn't that great. You'd probably get ~30-40fps on medium settings 1366x768 I'd guess.

That'd do. As long as it looks better than my xbox. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

what make\model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

That should do fine, the gt 525 is easily overclocked if you wanna eek out a few more fps.

Scruff wrote: »
    what make\model is it?

Dell Xps 15 L502x

• Advertisement

Oh just one more thing. This should do at least 720p on a external monitor right? On medium settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jaafa wrote: »
    Oh just one more thing. This should do at least 720p on a external monitor right? On medium settings.

Should do. I was on BF3 alpha with a similar laptop (GT540M instead), had it running at about 50fps on low/medium settings and still looked amazing

Should do. I was on BF3 alpha with a similar laptop (GT540M instead), had it running at about 50fps on low/medium settings and still looked amazing

Nice one. Thanks for the help. See I saw this laptop on the uk dell outlet. I can get it for around 550 euro so I think its a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I was looking for gaming laptops for another user in a different thread and this is what I found.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73984993&postcount=10

If you take a look at the second link in that post. You will see the HD 5650 performs slightly better than the GT 525M. Apart from that benchmark I know nothing about mobile graphics cards and I am a little confused as to why that laptop is so cheap.

Just thought I'd give you some more choice :P

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I was looking for gaming laptops for another user in a different thread and this is what I found.

If you take a look at the second link in that post. You will see the HD 5650 performs slightly better than the GT 525M. Apart from that benchmark I know nothing about mobile graphics cards and I am a little confused as to why that laptop is so cheap.

Yeah I saw that before. It has a slightly better GPU, but the processor is a good bit worse, it has a Gig less ram, smaller HDD and the xps has a better screen and speakers....so I think mine still wins. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Fluffy88 wrote: »

The dell 15R is the 2010 version with the 1st gen i3 processor dell have been trying to shift them for months
    I bought mine 8 months ago for 600
    Very good laptop runs fallout NV and civilization V no prob on decent settings haven't pushed it though i don't want another hotplate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

NTMK wrote: »
    The dell 15R is the 2010 version with the 1st gen i3 processor dell have been trying to shift them for months
    Even though I was comparing the price of it to other laptops on saveonlaptops and none had a GPU anywhere near it's one for a similar price. That's the part that confused me :)

If you've found a better laptop than that for similar price why not share it with the world :D I don't know if the guy in that post has bought yet.

Advertisement