Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look What I Found

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice find! Although buying anything like that you'd want to get it properly evaluated, I'd suggest by VGA.

If the seller wants a quick sale though it should raise alarm bells immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I can not afford to pay £4K for a game . Not really sure what market value for it is??

Apologies I thought you were looking to buy it. :o If anyone is though, obviously you'd want to know what you were getting yourself in to first, but anyone going after items like that would have likely done their homework first.

Here's a very interesting video on that particular cart, and it's reproduction copies. Hence you would want to be very careful before handing over cash for it.

If I was in the market for it, I'd travel to see the item in person but have the seller send the item I was buying to the VGA first for analysis. If it all checks out, I'd then go to buy it person. Last thing you'd want is a fake, and to be honest, if you've the money to drop on a grail you've the money to drop on a flight to go get it yourself.

I'd be very wary of that ad if anyone is considering it. I did a quick search and notice the image in the advert is the EXACT same image, only cropped, from this Wired article.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/02/ebay_nintendo_w/

Gumtree Ad:

84099251.jpg

Wired Article:

nwc_1.jpg

Even the serial numbers are the same. Also, not wanting to sound xenophobic, but I used to live very near Woolwich and can tell you that area is dodgy as a dodgy thing being extra dodgy on a super dodgy day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I have golden one if anyone is interested. I will let it go for Abrakebabra lunch voucher.

nwc_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ironic then that it photographs the same colour as a kebab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

And TBH, if you were advertising something as rare that you'd say more than just "This cart is 4k."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You can really see the shine off it in the bottom corners of the pic!

Advertisement