Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid bank account details

Options
  • 26-08-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

I was using the switchover website and everything was going great until "Invalid bank account details" :mad: Who is programming ur website? Arrgh!#

It seems to take the sort code as it pulls up Aib Ennis etc. but for some weird reason it's breaking. Checked the number 10 times ( worked perfectly on flogas' website earlier)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi bmm,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with our website. If you like, I can take your details via PM and set up the switch for you. We would require your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, your MPRN number (which is located on your electricity bill, regardless of supplier), a meter reading, and your bank details.

Alternatively you can call us on 1850 30 50 90 and our advisors will be able to complete the switch for you.

Regards :),
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I would like to do it thru the website as i don't like sending my bank details etc. by email as it's not very secure. ( Bord gais already lost all my bank details on a laptop 2 years ago! )

When will the website be fixed? Have you raised this issue with ur webmaster.?

tks
    Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

bmm wrote: »
    I was using the switchover website and everything was going great until "Invalid bank account details" :mad: Who is programming ur website? Arrgh!#

It seems to take the sort code as it pulls up Aib Ennis etc. but for some weird reason it's breaking. Checked the number 10 times ( worked perfectly on flogas' website earlier)

Funnily enough I've had problems of a similar nature with the AIB in Ennis
    My account was originally in AIB Bindon Street (where Munster insurance is now) The sort code for that branch was 93-53-87
    The closed the bindon street branch & transferred the accounts to AIB Bank Place Ennis which had a different sort code initially so now there are 2 different sort codes for that branch which causes all kinds of heartache in setting up DD's/SO's etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi bmm,

I have raised this issue with the relevant department here. Have you tried the alternative sort code mentioned by angelfire9? If this doesn't work, please contact us again.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Tow

angelfire9 wrote: »
    My account was originally in AIB Bindon Street (where Munster insurance is now) The sort code for that branch was 93-53-87
    The closed the bindon street branch & transferred the accounts to AIB Bank Place Ennis which had a different sort code initially so now there are 2 different sort codes for that branch which causes all kinds of heartache in setting up DD's/SO's etc

Anglefire,

You have the problem sussed.
    When the EBS implemented the modulus check on bank accounts they would have been given a list of closed AIB sortcodes (branches) with the corresponding sortcode (branch) the accounts were transferred into. For AIB accounts they should first check the account details as entered and if they fail, check the list of closed branches and if any match(s) is/are found they should rechecked the account number with the closed branches sortcode. BTW, to make it more fun I believe they are large number of mistakes in the offical list :-)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement