Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsubscribe from forum.

Options
  • 26-08-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭

First up I hope the subscribing tag is correct on this issue.

To cut a long story short, hosted forum was created by the tech staff of Boards and for a small while (about 4 hours) it wasn't set to private. Because me and a few others know the person who requested we had a small bit of fun starting random threads etc. During this time I followed the forum. Then when the error was spotted we were blocked from accessing the forum and it went properly private.

The problem is that the forum is still listed in the "My Forums" tab on the top of Beta, and although I can't see anything about the forum, or have access to it, I can't unfollow it either.

Any suggestions to how I can get it out of that list?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do you know the forum id?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its a hosted forum and its called Champs. I could get the ID if required.

Actually I think it is 1495

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Quazzie wrote: »
    Actually I think it is 1495

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=1495

That should do it for you.

But you should have the unfollow this forum option in your User CP too.

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=1495

That should do it for you.

But you should have the unfollow this forum option in your User CP too.

It was never in my UserCP strangely enough. That link seems to have done the trick though. Thanks Spear. Mark this one as Reaolved. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Quazzie wrote: »
    It was never in my UserCP strangely enough. That link seems to have done the trick though. Thanks Spear. Mark this one as Reaolved. :)
    Yeah, I don't think you can see a forum in your userCp if you've lost access to it, hence the difficulty in unsubscribing, its a common occurrence. I think the reasoning is that if you are subscribed and see it in your CP, you can see details about the latest posts, the thread titles etc. So it's kinda a social security reason behind hiding it I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement