Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra silent case

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Much, except there's no friggin' temperatures. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Serephucus wrote: »
    Much, except there's no friggin' temperatures. :P

where can I get the temperatures part?

Keep HWMonitor (or whatever program you use) open in the background, then post the temps.

Keep HWMonitor (or whatever program you use) open in the background, then post the temps.
    lets hope its right now :o

WNgbM.png

Right now I dont have any demanding programs running and its a constant loud fan noise ya know

I used HWMonitor btw

They're pretty good temperatures. You could lower the fan speed (Speedfan), but if that's not quiet enough, you could look into a good air cooler, or water cooling to cool the CPU and the GPU.

• Advertisement

They're pretty good temperatures. You could lower the fan speed (Speedfan), but if that's not quiet enough, you could look into a good air cooler, or water cooling to cool the CPU and the GPU.

lol I just bought a new case :pac:

how much would water cooling cost fpr CPU and GPU?

I'd say you might be able to manage it with €250, maybe €200, not sure. What GPU do you have?

I'd say you might be able to manage it with €250, maybe €200, not sure. What GPU do you have?

gtx 570 (2)

that's not bad pricing, better than what they were telling me on overclockers anyway

Well, with SLI that works out a good bit more expensive... You'll need a good lot of radiator to cool two cards with slow enough fans, and GPU blocks are expensive. You're probably look at closer to €400.

Well, with SLI that works out a good bit more expensive... You'll need a good lot of radiator to cool two cards with slow enough fans, and GPU blocks are expensive. You're probably look at closer to €400.

yap was thinking it be more expensive

to much for me unfortunitly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I currently using the cooler master hyper 212+, and its a noisy beast! But I just knock the fan speed down until its barely audible most of the time, the only time its on 100% is when im gaming.

should I turn them down by the Bios or by speedfan

(how do I do it anyway?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Headshot wrote: »
    so a week on getting my new case

Still find it a bit loud, opening the case it seems its the Corsair A70 is the one that's the loudest

any other helpful tips folks?

You could install a low noise adapter on the CPU cooler fans which should help with the noise, cost is almost nothing.
    Another option would be to replace the fans for some Noctuas or other "Silent" fans. just keep an eye on load temps but you should be fine with fans at a lower RPM.

Advertisement