Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband provider

• 26-08-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm currently on o2 mobile broadband at the moment. It has its limits - 8mb download speeds (15gb download limits).

I'm paying around €17 a month and I'm looking for a better CAP. Vodafone looks ok value at €48/month with 300gb limit.

Can anyone suggest their recommendations ? Eircom seems a bit expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you'll want to tell people where you are so they know what to suggest to you as not every broadband provider is available everywhere. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

well im in monaghan town. Eircom and Vodafone can connect but anyone like Imagine cant (because they cant put their equipment on top of an apartment block).

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

meteor dont go with NTL .

is Meteor better for speed or price .. or both ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

meteor dont go with NTL .

Are you trolling, or what? :o

OP, is UPC available in your area? If so, check the UPC website - cheap BB, for a good price. As an example, I'm paying 57€ for 100mb broadband and home phone.

• Advertisement

no UPC isn't available in my area. they said it is mostly Dublin. Meteor is only slightly better than o2 in terms of download cap. I get 15gb for €17, they offer 20gb for €24. What is vodafone like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

home broadband from vodafone is quite good value,i think it is around 49 euro per month,(phone and broadband),the download is unlimited as far as I know.Look up their site.If it works in the west you should have no problem in Monaghan!

i was just wondering about Vodafone, some people said it was crap or one of the worst broadband providers in the country. It looks good on paper though.

Advertisement