Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Free

Options
  • 26-08-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Nike free runners. Has anyone used them or know much about them. I just feel like tryinging something new on my feet.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

The 3.0's are lovely shoes. Free Run Plus, not as nice. 3.0 v1 is my favourite ever. Go up a half size at least, they are small-fitting. The upper tore on my last 2 pairs after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Have been wearing these for years.
    Started with Free 5, then Free run, have a few pair's worn out also have the Free 3 that i usually keep for racing or speed work.

I would find it hard to wear anything else now, Not the hardest on the pocket which is a plus.

Never had any problem with them ripping

Go for it you wont look back. And enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

I had Free runs which I LOVE, recently replaced with free run 2's which are less comfy.

I like the flexibility they give your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 niall1980

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I'm gonna try a pair but not sure yet which ones as i can't differentiate which will suit. I just really want them for training runs between 5-10 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 omorrissy

I've had a pair of Nike free 3's, which I loved. pretty hard to come across though, so I bought the puma version of 'minimal' running shoes, the fass 300. Love it, really realy lightweight and flexible, although it does look a bit more like a fashion runner than a functional running shoe. Comes in a slightly more cushioned 500 model too, again mad looking colours that wont appeal to everyone but I like it and it's gotten decent reviews in triathlon plus and triathlon 220. I bought mine in the elverys in galway

Ease into the minimal running though- dont go from a kayano straight into free's and do a 20 mile run or you'll never wear them again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Would start with the Free Run, if your doing up to ten mile runs, saying that the first run i done in the Free 3's was about 10 ml. Usually keep for Racing now

Advertisement