Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge Re-opening??

Options
  • 26-08-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Now that trinity rooms is officially closed, I'm assuming that the Lodge is going to open up again. Massive gap in the market now me thinks..

Any info out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

NeirBot wrote: »
    Now that trinity rooms is officially closed, I'm assuming that the Lodge is going to open up again. Massive gap in the market now me thinks..

Any info out there??
    Doubt it. They make more money staying closed and operating as hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It was open the night before last according to Zuroph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

yeah they are opening for grads...but like are they going to open for the remaining students...jaysus...

stables may get to work on their late license if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

I'm telling ya it was a boring semester without the lodge...fingers crossed it will open for the new semester. If that doesn't happen surely the stables will have to get into gear and offer something to keep us entertained. Not many places left in town now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I've got it on good authority from an employee of the hotel, who also happens to be my Housemate, that the lodge is going to reopen sometime this semester.

not that ill go. I've been going there since I was 16 and its such a ****hole. then and now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

joey12 wrote: »
    I'm telling ya it was a boring semester without the lodge...fingers crossed it will open for the new semester. If that doesn't happen surely the stables will have to get into gear and offer something to keep us entertained. Not many places left in town now.

Fresher no doubt ! :pac:

Why did 'trooms' close???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

NeirBot wrote: »

Any info out there??
    i was out in my own hometown last night and was talking to a girl in UL who told me she was up there last week and it was open.
    TheTownie wrote: »

health and safety due to rats from derelict buildings around it but i hears theres more "Legal reasons" behind it than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

garv123 wrote: »
    i was out in my own hometown last night and was talking to a girl in UL who told me she was up there last week and it was open.

health and safety due to rats from derelict buildings around it but i hears theres more "Legal reasons" behind it than that

I heard a few different things. One was that they were using the whole health and safety thing as a delay because they were broke and didn't have the money to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

They're officially open again.
    Paddy Rocket announced that it's open, with an entry fee of €5 before 12, and €7 after, but also said that they're going to be working more closely with UL and that the price of drinks should (hopefully) be coming down! (If they haven't lowered them already)

I feel that it is now an apt time to yurt. So, YURRRT. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

TheTownie wrote: »

HA my fresher days have long since ended!!! ;)nah just always like the lodge thats all always good with a crowd of your own.

• Advertisement

Skintwin wrote: »
    They're officially open again.
    Paddy Rocket announced that it's open, with an entry fee of €5 before 12, and €7 after, but also said that they're going to be working more closely with UL and that the price of drinks should (hopefully) be coming down! (If they haven't lowered them already)

I feel that it is now an apt time to yurt. So, YURRRT. :cool:

is this actually confirmed from rockett or someone who worked on his campaign or something cos im sure there are thousands who wanna break this news

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I spoke to one of the Bouncers yesterday and he said that it is reopen, back in full flow by next week.

i wish to retract my previous doubts, but ive heard on several levels now the lodge is back in business...

consider that a publicity stunt success :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Guys, try and keep slanderous speculation to a minimum about what the owners get up to in their own clubs!

Good to see the lodge is opening up again.

eldwaro wrote: »
    is this actually confirmed from rockett or someone who worked on his campaign or something cos im sure there are thousands who wanna break this news

He announced it yesterday evening to everyone who was at Orientation training. There was much yurting. :cool:

so that means lodge sunday in me kilkenny shirt, hopefully celebrating!

I'll be there leading the chants of 'Shefflin is a w**ker' again this year, hopefully! :p:D

Twas SOME night last year

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

where is this lodge??

mty92 wrote: »
    where is this lodge??
    In Castletroy, it's the nightclub attatched to the Kilmurray Lodge Hotel, across the road from Superquinn and Storm Cinema, really near UL

... it's the nightclub attatched to the Kilmurray Lodge Hotel...

Being a bit generous there...

• Advertisement

Normal service is resumed Tue, Wed, Thur and Friday nights.....

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Normal service is resumed Tue, Wed, Thur and Friday nights.....

No Sundays?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    No Sundays?

That all I heard for this week :o maybe sunday is classed as next week :p

I'll be there leading the chants of 'Shefflin is a w**ker' again this year, hopefully! :p:D

Twas SOME night last year

i love the jealousy...:P

they better be shaggin open sunday

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Being a bit generous there...
    I know! I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

mty92 wrote: »
    where is this lodge??

Just follow the drunk people heading North.

Advertisement