Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you use a towel more than once?

• 26-08-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hi AH'ers. Just a quick question there to get y'alls opinion.

Do you guys use a towel more than once after a shower or do you throw it out for the wash?

Maybe a mod can add a poll because I don't know how to.

Do you use a towel more than once??? 422 votes

Yup
    0%
    No
    88%
    D-GenerateVictorDont be at yourselfbyteKintarō Hattorithe_sycoCrashGordonStokolanGoodshapecarbsyRuu_OldTöpherDrag00n79genierubadublittlehedgehogAlunpassiveJohnK 372 votes
    I dont wash so dont need towels
    11%
    ZascarBlistermannlgbbbblthfred funk }{shockwaveGran HermanounreggdMugMugsdollykSantryRedmsg11Kev_ps3katharinewheeliPlop[Deleted User]Scrambled eggswiftbladeBonavox3hn2givr7mx1sctonycascarino 50 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Maybe a mod can add a poll because I don't know how to.

Done.

Only use it once then wash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

No
    Yeah. I'm clean when I get out of the shower, the towel is just drying me off so it can be used a couple of times.

NEXT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

No
    I use it a couple of times, sure you're clean coming out of the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

No
    We need a 'How many times' poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Use it once then throw it in the wash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

No
    Karona wrote: »
    I use it a couple of times, sure you're clean coming out of the shower.

Get out of my head :eek:

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I tend to rotate them. I'll have 2 towels in the shower. One to step out on (even when there are mats) and another to dry myself.

the one i use to dry myself will be the one I use to stand on for my next shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It depends how quick it dries. If it's been fermenting on the floor of my room for a couple of days then no, but if i use it and hang it up and it dies quickly then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

No
    The poll is slightly misleading..of course I will use a hand/face towel more than once but after a shower ..no..thats gross....I should have read your comment b4 voting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No
    I use it once, then burn it (which can be difficult because, y'know, it's wet) and buy another.

• Advertisement

I'm clean coming out of the shower so a few times :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No
    I use it once, then burn it (which can be difficult because, y'know, it's wet) and buy another.

I'm the same.

I use a towel once, then burn the house down and then buy another towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Schism wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm clean when I get out of the shower, the towel is just drying me off so it can be used a couple of times.

NEXT!

Wrong! Did you ever get paint or permanent marker stuck on your hands as a kid? You'd wash it but it wouldn't all come off then you'd dry it with a towel and a little bit more would come off. Pretty sure this is the same under normal circumstances due to the oils in your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

No
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    I tend to rotate them. I'll have 2 towels in the shower. One to step out on (even when there are mats) and another to dry myself.

the one i use to dry myself will be the one I use to stand on for my next shower.

This is what I do.

I think using a towel once is a horrible waste of water and energy (washing masheen).

I mean as long as you're not preforming key hole surgery on your bum with it the bloody thing is damn near spotless after only one use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

No
    MrStuffins wrote: »

Same here m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

No
    It all depends on whether or not I use it to dry my balls.

No
    It all depends on whether or not I use it to dry my balls.

If your nut sack has been given a good scrub then what's the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

It all depends, if I see skid marks I use the other side. If skids on both sides, then a wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

No
    Jesus christ, I use it a load of times. Hang it up to dry when your done and give it the sniff test if you're not sure the next day.
    I really dont see the need in washing it every time, or even nearly every time, it's fairly wasteful. And if you're worried about 'germs' then I used to know a guy like you named Howard Hughes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Anybody just use a fan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

No
    got a towel bout 8 years ago in the states! best money i ever spent.

one side would dry the whole lot of me, i'd then hang it up and it'd be dry in about 30 mins.

use it about 3 or 4 times!

No
    Anybody just use a fan?

You have fans!?

I don't have any fans but if I did I'd use a female one.

trebor28 wrote: »
    got a towel bout 8 years ago in the states! best money i ever spent.

one side would dry the whole lot of me, i'd then hang it up and it'd be dry in about 30 mins.

use it about 3 or 4 times!

you never had a towel before that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

I wash both of them - one for my body and one for my hair - after I use them. Every time.

If I knew I was going to have to reuse a towel, I'd hang it to dry in such a way that I'd know which side I'd used already, and then I'd use the other side the next time. It's not that I think I'd have gotten the first side "dirty", as obviously I'm squeaky clean coming out of the shower! It's coz if it's damp, it's going to attract bacteria ... or something ...

I never feel properly clean after a shower if I dry myself with an unwashed towel. I just end up having another shower, with a clean towel, as soon as possible!

If, for some reason, I had to reuse a towel, but hadn't hung it up to dry properly and had chucked it in the laundry basket or something, I just wouldn't use it. I'd dry myself with a clean tshirt or nightie or something instead.

I'm such a pansy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Where's the options for sanitary towels ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jesus christ, I use it a load of times. Hang it up to dry when your done and give it the sniff test if you're not sure the next day.
    I really dont see the need in washing it every time, or even nearly every time, it's fairly wasteful. And if you're worried about 'germs' then I used to know a guy like you named Howard Hughes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

No
    I wash both of them - one for my body and one for my hair - after I use them. Every time.

If I knew I was going to have to reuse a towel, I'd hang it to dry in such a way that I'd know which side I'd used already, and then I'd use the other side the next time. It's not that I think I'd have gotten the first side "dirty", as obviously I'm squeaky clean coming out of the shower! It's coz if it's damp, it's going to attract bacteria ... or something ...

you hang wet clothes to dry and then wear them - do they attract bacteria or do you buy new clothes everytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

you hang wet clothes to dry and then wear them - do they attract bacteria or do you buy new clothes everytime?

Nope ... I always use the tumble dryer. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Wrong! Did you ever get paint or permanent marker stuck on your hands as a kid? You'd wash it but it wouldn't all come off then you'd dry it with a towel and a little bit more would come off. Pretty sure this is the same under normal circumstances due to the oils in your skin.

What?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I only use a towel once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

No
    bluewolf wrote: »
    you never had a towel before that? :confused:

no...... i used a flamethrower!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

No
    I wash my towel every three or four days or until it has a horrible wet smell off of it, whichever comes first.

No
    I wonder how people coped for millions of years without a freshly washed towel every day

No

I never feel properly clean after a shower if I dry myself with an unwashed towel. I just end up having another shower, with a clean towel, as soon as possible!

If, for some reason, I had to reuse a towel, but hadn't hung it up to dry properly and had chucked it in the laundry basket or something, I just wouldn't use it. I'd dry myself with a clean tshirt or nightie or something instead.

I'm such a pansy. :rolleyes:

You can wash and wash and wash but you'll never be able to wash away that feeling of shame.. I get ya.

No
    I wonder how people coped for millions of years without a freshly washed towel every day

They didn't wash back in them days.

More like a dip in the river I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

No
    What is with all these people only using a towel once?? So assuming you have a shower a day you wash 7 towels a week?

Also, poll doesnt reflect the amount of people claiming to only use the towel once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Just once and then wash it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No
    I use it a week maybe.

I'm never as clean as when I use it (post shower) so I don't see a reason to wash it after just one use. Waste of water imo.

Oh, and I never leave it on the floor. If you hang properly it it'll dry quickly and not smell.

No
    Also, poll doesnt reflect the amount of people claiming to only use the towel once

:confused:

I ask 'do you use a towel more than once' and there is a yes and no option.

Those who choose no are saying that they only use their towels once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

No
    :confused:

I ask 'do you use a towel more than once' and there is a yes and no option.

Those who choose no are saying that they only use their towels once.
    Sorry, i should have said the poll results.

There are quite a few saying they only use it once but the results say otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

No
    I use a towel a couple of times before washing it. Hang it straight out to dry after use and its grand.

I don't have that many towels to be throwing them in the wash every time I use them! I'd be forever having the washing machine on too sure.

Do any of you use a sanitary towel more than once?

No
    Sky King wrote: »

My mooncup is reusable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No
    How many of the people who say they throw it in the wash actually take responsibility for washing it...and drying and putting it back in the bathroom? If you don't then it doesn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No
    Wash the towels I dry myself with once a week (one for the hair, one for the body - interchangeable).

They go on the radiator after they are used, they have never smelled!

The bedsheets, every fortnight, I hate changing the bedclothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No
    Sky King wrote: »

Am pretty sure that no woman, no matter how organically/recycling minded, has done this since the middle ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

looksee wrote: »
    How many of the people who say they throw it in the wash actually take responsibility for washing it...and drying and putting it back in the bathroom? If you don't then it doesn't count.

Yeh because putting it in the machine is a right nightmare :pac:

No
    Well I use a towel for my hair and a towel for my body and a separate dry facecloth for drying my face (which I do at least twice a day).

So if I washed all my towels every time I used them, I'd be washing 28 towels a week.

Therefore as a practically minded human being I use towels well more than once. Anyone who thinks it's gross to use a towel more than once mustn't be washing themselves properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

No. Because I can't stop thinking when you wipe around the arse that the next time you could be using that bit on your face.

Am pretty sure that no woman, no matter how organically/recycling minded, has done this since the middle ages.

And why do middle aged women do it, are they cheapskates or what?

• Advertisement
Advertisement