Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you use a towel more than once?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

No
    If it's warm out, I just walk around the house naked until dry.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/B1llyb0b/cat-top-hat-monocle-exquisite-12966.jpg

You don't live in Ireland I presume?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

msg11 wrote: »
    No. Because I can't stop thinking when you wipe around the arse that the next time you could be using that bit on your face.

Problem solved.

The environment called; it wants all you Seinfeldian germ-freaks to die already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

No
    I've seen the word 'towel' so often now that it looks really weird ... towel .. to-wel .. tow-el .. eep

I would use the same towels about 3 times before putting in for the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As I don't live in a laundry, I tend to, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

If someone stayed with me and insisted on a fresh towel after every use, I'd batter them to death with a damp one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 terradactyl84

No
    Multiple times. Really until it starts to smell. It's good for de envyrnmint innit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

No
    Of course I use towels more than once!

• I'm clean coming out of the shower
    • I have to pay for water, no way am I washing a towel every time I have a shower
    • i care about the environment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

No
    I honestly never thought, before seeing this thread, that people would wash a towel after one use (except in the hospitality industry, which is different).

No
    In fairness I think they might mean someone else's towel that's been washed i.e. first out of wasing machine use.

Not at all. If I'm staying in someone's house and I need to have a shower, I'll use whatever towel they give me, even if it's one that's already hanging in the bathroom. I trust that any decent human being isn't going to give me a manky towel. I honestly don't understand how anyone has a problem with this.

I mean, if I'm at my boyfriend's house and I have a shower, I use his towel (after asking if it's clean, and by clean I don't mean fresh, I mean it hasn't been left on the floor or used to wipe anything dirty) and I've no problem with it. If I'm willing to put my skin against his skin at the end of a day, why would I have a problem putting my skin against something that touched his skin right after he had a shower?

What is it that people think is getting on the towel after one use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

No
    impr0v wrote: »
    I honestly never thought, before seeing this thread, that people would wash a towel after one use (except in the hospitality industry, which is different).
    Well apparently they're in the minority anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I dont wash so dont need towels
    I always wash towels after my shower, especially if I've been wearing fake tan I wash them right away. Why do so many people reuse them over and over without washing them? That's sort of disgusting. What if someone else (your partner, your flat mate, a friend staying over night, etc) uses the same towel after you? It's not very nice for them.

No
    x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    What if someone else (your partner, your flat mate, a friend staying over night, etc) uses the same towel after you? It's not very nice for them.

Ah now.

You put your towel in your room so that it doesn't get mixed up with unused ones.

Ah now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No
    Stinicker wrote: »
    waters free
    no its not, so do not freely waste it like an idiot, I don't want to pay for other peoples stupidity.
    Sky King wrote: »
    Do any of you use a sanitary towel more than once?
    Am pretty sure that no woman, no matter how organically/recycling minded, has done this since the middle ages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitary_napkin#Cloth_menstrual_pads
    some women use a washable or reusable cloth menstrual pad. These are made from a number of types of fabric — most often cotton flannel, or hemp (which is highly absorbent and not as bulky as cotton). Most styles have wings that secure around the underpants, but some are just held in place (without wings) between the body and the underpants. Some (particularly the older styles) are available in belted styles. Washable menstrual pads do not need to be disposed of after use and therefore offer a more economical alternative for women. Also called "mama cloth", reusable menstrual pads can be found on a number of websites, or are made at home (instructions are available online). They have become a popular alternative among some groups of women, (e.g. feminists, environmentalists and mothers who use cloth nappies/diapers) and are also gaining in popularity among more mainstream women, because they are allergen-, chemical- and perfume-free, and can be more comfortable for women who suffer from irritations from using disposable pads.
    A question for people like you who reuse towels.

Would you use someone else's towel (that they had already used themselves) after your shower? If not, why not?
    I would not, they may not have washed properly as mentioned and might have scabies or some other contagious disease.

Now a question for the one use people. Do you change all their clothes everyday, or several times a day? if not, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

No
    Bit of an aside to the OP but; My mate told me he'd had a shower. Got out and was drying his hair with a towel.

Then, to his abject horror, he noticed the towel was shitty! :eek: He lives alone and, to this day, I don't think he's ever satisfactorily figured out what the hell went on there.

Anyway; Yep. If I have a big towel available? What I do is I roll it up into a ball and scrub myself dry with it. Thus I effectively use only a spot on the towel. Next time I roll that spot inside the ball.

In short; I'm using an unused part of the towel each time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 firefly2327

No
    While I haven't read all the comments people have been posting on this topic, from what I have read I can see people are clueless when it comes to the whole hygiene issue. I'm a professional microbiologist and I can assure you that no matter how much you scrub in the shower, your may be clean but you are still covered in bacteria. Clean and sterile are two completely different things.
    Nor would you want to be sterile. While washing to remove harmful microorganisms is good (I'm not suggesting people stop washing, or that washing is pointless... far from it) you need microbes on you. Humans have bacteria living both on and within them for good reason, many perform essential functions in our body such as making vitamins and providing competition preventing or reducing colonisation by harmful microbes.

Now for the towel issue. A wet towel will not 'attract' bacteria, as another post has suggested. That's rubbish. Firstly, the towel was not sterile to begin with either, even after coming from the wash. There's bacteria all around us in the air, no matter how clean you keep your house everything inside gets contaminated from the air. So when you use your towel after your wash (and by the way, if you knew what was in the water you were washing with you wouldn't be so worried about the towel:D) you are adding bacteria to the towel. But why be bothered about using the towel again? The bacteria came from you in the first place and are not harmful to you. The only thing I'd advise is to let the towel air properly before use again. Bacteria from human skin like moisture......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    I always wash towels after my shower, especially if I've been wearing fake tan I wash them right away. Why do so many people reuse them over and over without washing them? That's sort of disgusting. What if someone else (your partner, your flat mate, a friend staying over night, etc) uses the same towel after you? It's not very nice for them.

Why not just not wear fake tan and solve several problems at once? Seriously, tan that doesn't come off in the shower cannot be good for your skin, besides looking and smelling manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

No
    I dry my balls with my wife's face cloth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Beggared

Did you ever notice that when Donald Duck comes out of the shower he always has a towel wrapped around his waist but when he is fully dressed he only wears a short jacket and a hat? Explain that to me someone.

No
    Bumped for Irish Stew.

Advertisement