Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation question

• 26-08-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Built on sunroom just wondering what I should insulate in between rafters with there is no ceiling joists just collar ties putting t and g timber ceiling on it. What should I insulate between the rafters with guessing 50-100mm kingspan 8x4 sheets, any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Yep, Kingspan or equivalent, as thick as your rafters allow leaving a small vent space between the back of the sheet and your actual roof surface.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think the small vent space is supposed to be at least 50mm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

slimjimmc wrote: »
    I think the small vent space is supposed to be at least 50mm.

Not necessary in a sunroom. Main roof yes.

TT

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

toshy321 wrote: »
    Built on sunroom just wondering what I should insulate in between rafters with there is no ceiling joists just collar ties putting t and g timber ceiling on it. What should I insulate between the rafters with guessing 50-100mm kingspan 8x4 sheets, any info would be great.
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,27316,en.pdf

Advertisement