Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Question

• 26-08-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before, can't find similar thread..
    I'm getting UPC Broadband/Phone installed next week...
    just wondering would the engineer be able to install the router in the bedroom if I asked him instead of the livingroom for better wireless range.? My pc is located here, I don't use Laptops.
    I do have a UPC point in this bedroom already..

I have a UPC point in the downstairs livingroom too .. and would prefer phone to be set up here.
    Question: Does the router and phone have to connect into the one modem together like it did in my last place?
    I really would prefer for the main phone point to be located downstairs and the router upstairs.

I ask this, because in last house ,the UPC wireless signal from livingroom to bedroom was always poor and speeds were bad. so don't want this happening again :P
    What routers do they supply now? has the wireless range improved.

also, Do UPC supply 1 cordless phone?
    I would need at least two phones in the house.

Thanks all
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Phone needs to be connect to modem, ours is downstairs and wireless signal is brilliant, I can pick it up in our neighbours house around the corner.
    UPC supply one phone, I'm assuming you can buy a second if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

applejam wrote: »
    Phone needs to be connect to modem, ours is downstairs and wireless signal is brilliant, I can pick it up in our neighbours house around the corner.
    UPC supply one phone, I'm assuming you can buy a second if needed

that sounds good, what router do you use? is it the standard one they supply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

mark17j wrote: »
    that sounds good, what router do you use? is it the standard one they supply?

Yes, it's the one supplied, it's a modem and router in one, I think you had to have a separate router before but the new one is all in one.
    I returned to UPC in June/July and so far am very happy with my tv/bb/phone package.

Advertisement