Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Problem In Mayfield

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

So there is no drug problem there any more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

I would be shocked if there's no problem, not just Mayfield either.

In the local news recently there's been reports about the Surge in sale of crystal meth ingredients and the contaminated brown powder that was marketed as MDMA, linked to the deaths of two young men in Kinsale.

Dirty adulterated drugs are a serious health problem, and they're all too common, so much so that it's much more difficult to get clean stuff. Of course this directly ties back to prohibition and a low level/misinformed knowledge about drugs. Sadly that's an inconvenient truth we're not supposed to discuss.

Even the cannabis market is gone to pot. :rolleyes: At a shot, I would say it's harder to get nice weed (without paying twice what you did 2 years ago) than any class A drug, which is pretty sad. Sprayed commercial weed is all too popular, and god knows what the detrimental long term health effects are of that awful stuff, I'm not aware of the HSE issuing any clear warnings about it. The current law enforcement approach in relation to cannabis is a waste of resources and highly irresponsible.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

have to agree with the last poster on the first page,why cant this problem be cleared up by the gards,i mean seriously letting it continue only gives them a bad rep in the neighbourhood..

have to agree with the last poster on the first page,why cant this problem be cleared up by the gards,i mean seriously letting it continue only gives them a bad rep in the neighbourhood..

The gardai have no trouble getting warrants. Unfortunately, it would almost appear public policy and in the interests of the decision makers to continue worsening the problem.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

then thats an awful situation i think, where its just going to worsen,my heart goes out to them it must be a nightmare dealing with the stress of that it must be depressing

• Advertisement

Meanwhile the general public haven't got a clue what's going on beyond some scary news stories.

ps - All drugs are not all the same, even the same type. One esctacy tab can be very different to the next. Simple chemistry. But that's too complicated for a soundbite discussion in a soundbite banana republic nation.

Advertisement