Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic insulation

Options
  • 26-08-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

anyone know any special offers at the moment for attic insulation in the cork area or even online ? need to put another layer in the mothers attic before winter, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

There's a post going around somewhere about a good deal in B&Q now on Rockwool 200mm insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Now you've made me feel lazy! I might have half been worried too about spreading the word too much in case the stuff was sold out by the time I get to go and buy it this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pooldbest

Try build4less.ie. Ecose insulation cheaper than any of the builders merchants and free delivery on orders over €400

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

livEwirE wrote: »

Yep,still 10 euro per roll of Rockwool Insulation.

Offer due to end mid october,according to a mate of mine who works in BnQ.They cant keep enough of it in stock at the moment,loads of builders buying it all up.

Thanks for bumping up my thread too.:)

• Advertisement

Right, as someone who bought the Rockwool stuff from B&Q, I can tell you that I personally found the stuff sh1te to work with. And I checked earlier and can confirm that it's not really 200mm in thickness. It actually is typically closer to 150mm even after being left for a few days to fill out. Absolute crap - give me fiberglass any day. BTW, fiberglass equivalent Knaup ecose product in B&Q works out at the same price per m^2 when you get the 3 for 2 deal. See related thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056405292

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi,

i'm about to insulate my attic, new build, I can get a product for €15/roll

200mm Kanuf super top up loft insulation

It has an r vale: 4.5m2k/w
    landa value: 0.044w/mk

I'm told if if i put this down in 2 layers, i will achieve a u value of 0.12
    Buildings regs are 0.16.

I take it i am buying a good product, can anyone clarify this for me

snoop09 wrote: »
    Hi,

i'm about to insulate my attic, new build, I can get a product for €15/roll

200mm Kanuf super top up loft insulation

It has an r vale: 4.5m2k/w
    landa value: 0.044w/mk

I'm told if if i put this down in 2 layers, i will achieve a u value of 0.12
    Buildings regs are 0.16.

I take it i am buying a good product, can anyone clarify this for me

Good stuff though there might be some debate out there about using it as primary insulation layer. B&Q have the stuff for less than 15 quid a roll I think but you have buy in 3s. All I say is stay away from the rockwool stuff they have!

Advertisement