Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've managed to get my semester one elective, still trying to load up for semester two ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

Anyone elses elective page not showing any modules at all?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

One elective down, just have to log back in and wade through slow-loading pages to attempt to pick a second.

What does Assign Stage mean? I don't want to press it yet in case it breaks the connection again, but I selected an in-programme module and it says "Drop/Swap" or "Assign Stage"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I still can't log in :(

Edit - I'm in, just can't get to the module registration page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

One of the modules I'd like to choose is on at same time as another lecture but it isn't showing the little red x on it..what to do?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Ahh I was so close to getting onto the page of my first module and then bang :mad:

Timbuk2:
    I'm not sure what it is but I'd say if you're in say 2nd stage and you have chosen a stage 1 module you say that you're taking it as part of stage 2. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

not again:(
    If ucd think I'm going to once again spend five hours of my life to only be told everything I wanted is full then they can just f*ck off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

PrincessLola, electives are not first come first served, so don't sweat it too much. However, in-programme electives are first come first served, so try register to those first!

The rest are done on a lottery basis and you'll find out the good or bad news on September 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Bah, I cant find theory of games or maths of google. Tried searching for everything... These are in-program electives. Does this mean they are full already?

Also, does anybody know how many places the above modules have? MATH20270 and MATH20260, just thinking which one I can choose as elective..

in-programme electives are first come first served

Didn't know that!

• Advertisement

Yuugib wrote: »
    Bah, I cant find theory of games or maths of google. Tried searching for everything... These are in-program electives. Does this mean they are full already?

I could get Maths of Google - search for in-programme electives, but leave all search terms blank, make sure you select both electives and Level 1 and Level 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Error message 404

Can't even log in

Registration complete for another year..got last place in the module..win:pac:

Not looking forward to next years encounter with UCD's servers of fail:P:P

Error message 404

Can't even log in

Can't log into connect?

Go to current students on left of homepage then Connect in top right and log in...link on homepage is fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

what does status: provisional mean? it's shown next to me two electives.

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    what does status: provisional mean? it's shown next to me two electives.

If an elective is over-subscribed, they'll do a lottery on it so it's a random chance you'll get in - you'll find out on September 10th if you were successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

If an elective is over-subscribed, they'll do a lottery on it so it's a random chance you'll get in - you'll find out on September 10th if you were successful.

Oh my god seriously? that is disgraceful. is it not first come first served? what if i get neither of them? where will that leave me?

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    Oh my god seriously? that is disgraceful. is it not first come first served? what if i get neither of them? where will that leave me?

It's awful, I know, you'll have to pick another one.

Last year both mine were provisional, I got one but didn't get the other. I managed to get another elective I wanted with only 1 place available :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

Why does it say "phase 2 not available" for me?

yuppies wrote: »
    Why does it say "phase 2 not available" for me?

First year?

• Advertisement

yep. did first year of a different course 2 years ago and i don't seem to remember this.. does it open later for us?

oh yeah, i know it's always atrociaously slow, if it's the case that you think i'm naive in that regard :)

I think it opens on Thursday 1st Sept for incoming firsties!

I can't log in now at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Thanks for that - followed the SIS link

God its slow......typical UCD.....

Anyone else getting "You are not entitled to use electives at this time?" :eek:

I think it opens on Thursday 1st Sept for incoming firsties!

I can't log in now at all!

Actually now that you mention it I vaguely remember it being the middle of the week last time I registered! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Anyone else getting "You are not entitled to use electives at this time?" :eek:

YES!! I was just about to register my bloody elective when it went. Kill me now....

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Just saw this:

Online registration performance has been very poor since electives opened at 7.30am. Resolution attempts have not improved performance so we are closing online registration effective immediately. Any elective registrations completed since 7.30 will be rolled back as systems issues have prevented equality of access and in-programme electives are on a first come, first served basis.

We will be re-opening the system at 11am today. This will NOT include elective registration. We will let you know when we are in a position to reopen electives.

We are working on a resolution and we will have an update here for you on an hourly basis at http://www.ucd.ie/students/registration.html. We apologise for this inconvenience.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ucd-registry/update-important-message-about-online-registration-mon-29-august-2011-at-910am/10150282040292513

This is starting to remind me of when we booked our accommodation in June - it was going very slow, nobody was getting in, so UCD took the booking system down and didn't open it again for about 4 hours :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 shelly818

i cant reg for electives anymore, i could like 5 min ago!! whats going on??? :(

Advertisement