Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial Restaurant up front investment

Options
  • 26-08-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

My partner went to look @ a restaurant today.. great location, turn-key property.. Rent very affordable HOWEVER they are looking for €45k upfront which makes the chance of being able to afford the venture highly unlikely.. Has anyone here been in a similar position??? Have a restaurant consultant I can call on Monday but hoping someone here can offer some advice before that to give us a glimar of hope!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

marley123 wrote: »
    My partner went to look @ a restaurant today.. great location, turn-key property.. Rent very affordable HOWEVER they are looking for €45k upfront which makes the chance of being able to afford the venture highly unlikely.. Has anyone here been in a similar position??? Have a restaurant consultant I can call on Monday but hoping someone here can offer some advice before that to give us a glimar of hope!

Who is looking for the €45k? The landlord?

Are you buying a business or a leasehold here or is €45,000 some sort of ridiculous deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

deposit!!! €45k upfront !! No way its anyway affordable, building owner just wants to get the place let! Has turned down all offers that have made by interested parties prior to my partner looking @ the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

To give any idea of the scale of the deposit...

What is the monthly rent?

What - roughly - is the value of the equipment, fittings on the premises?

How long is the lease?

Have you restaurant management experience in the past?

How long, if you know, was the premises vacant before you came along.

What's the general location of the premises?

Other points - he has had plenty of interest, and MAY have had a bad experience in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Marley

Give me a PM if you need details.

Regards Oliver

• Advertisement
Advertisement