Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to live in Perth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why is $460 a joke? You're living on the doorstep of the city, how much did you expect to pay?

I know it's a fair price for the city, I just think a lot of think's are over priced in Perth/Oz...I'm still in Irish price mode :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

gudede wrote: »
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why is $460 a joke? You're living on the doorstep of the city, how much did you expect to pay?

I know it's a fair price for the city, I just think a lot of think's are over priced in Perth/Oz...I'm still in Irish price mode :p

It's hard to start thinking in dollar alright, especially if you aren't earning, but once you're sorted work wise $460 isn't too bad given location etc.

I feel sorry for folk coming over now looking to change their weak as posits euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

gudede Are you interested in letting the spare bedroom? Daughter and partner looking for somewhere until May. They are in Perth atm staying with friends. (Both Dubs)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

I live in Brentwood, 5 min walk from Bull Ck station. Its not a bad spot, walking distance to the river, train into town, 10 min drive to Freo, on the Freeway so easy access to town by car / taxi.

Also, Garden City shopping centre is a 20 min walk away.

We are paying 500/wk for a 4 br house with a study.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Been renting a room in West Perth for the last 5 months.

3 bed apartment in a complex with a pool, gym, sauna, jacuzzi, pool table etc. Pretty sweet. 15 minute walk to the city but about 18 buses stop outside our door and all go into the CBD and as we're inside the Free Travel Zone no busfares :D

We pay $260 p/w for the room which when split between two of us is more than affordable and we don't hav to pay any bills.

Moving out tomorrow to head to Sydney which is a bit of a pain as have grown very attatched to this place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Frisbee wrote: »
    Been renting a room in West Perth for the last 5 months.

3 bed apartment in a complex with a pool, gym, sauna, jacuzzi, pool table etc. Pretty sweet. 15 minute walk to the city but about 18 buses stop outside our door and all go into the CBD and as we're inside the Free Travel Zone no busfares :D

We pay $260 p/w for the room which when split between two of us is more than affordable and we don't hav to pay any bills.

Moving out tomorrow to head to Sydney which is a bit of a pain as have grown very attatched to this place!
    Sounds awesome, I'm out in Bull Creek ATM I'm looking at heading closer to the city as it's rather boring out here, could you PM me roughly the area as what you described sounds like what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

NBTD wrote: »
    I live in Brentwood, 5 min walk from Bull Ck station. Its not a bad spot, walking distance to the river, train into town, 10 min drive to Freo, on the Freeway so easy access to town by car / taxi.

Also, Garden City shopping centre is a 20 min walk away.

We are paying 500/wk for a 4 br house with a study.

Ah I have a neighbour on boards. A fan of Riley's wood fired cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Sundy wrote: »
    Ah I have a neighbour on boards. A fan of Riley's wood fired cafe?
    Absolutely! The other cafe around the corner does some nice savoury muffins too! And the butcher's there has some lovely Irish sausages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

NBTD wrote: »
    Absolutely! The other cafe around the corner does some nice savoury muffins too! And the butcher's there has some lovely Irish sausages!

I'm just back from the other cafe, food in there is great. Bloody service in Riley's is laughable. My friends dad owns the IGA there. I live on Adamson

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

trad wrote: »
    gudede Are you interested in letting the spare bedroom? Daughter and partner looking for somewhere until May. They are in Perth atm staying with friends. (Both Dubs)

Sorry for the late reply, I would love to help but the brother is currently staying 't in it. I can't get rid of him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

gudede wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply, I would love to help but the brother is currently staying 't in it. I can't get rid of him :pac:

Seems to be a lot of sofa surfing going on. They had the brother of a friend stay with them in Sydney and couldn't get rid of him. I think the daughter is almost sorted, thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

We live in Subiaco near the Subiaco Bowl, $300 p/w for a unit with garden.

Freemantle/Perth trainline two minute walk away. Free bus into the CBD about seven minutes away. Ideal as we don't need or want a car.

We can catch a bus to citybeach on Cambridge st (five minute walk) or the train to Cottesloe.

leederville is a 15 min walk away.

Having written references really helps, the estate agents really latched unto that.

Advertisement