Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Sanding

Options
  • 26-08-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Anybody know reliable floor sanders, company who will sand and varnish in Dublin area..thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not really the right forum but try http://www.onlinetradesmen.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Gina L wrote: »
    Hi,

Anybody know reliable floor sanders, company who will sand and varnish in Dublin area..thanks

I recommend getting a good gait analysis. Try Amphibian king in Bray or Ballymount, or failing that, Runways in Parnell st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gina L

thanks for the replies, new to this so not exactly up to the forum thingy yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

menoscemo wrote: »
    I recommend getting a good gait analysis. Try Amphibian king in Bray or Ballymount, or failing that, Runways in Parnell st.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Gina L wrote: »
    Hi,

Father does it can give you his number if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drudun

We recently had our floors sanded/stained by Richard from www.floorsanders.ie
    I had seen some recommendations on boards.ie which led me to going with him in favour of other bidders.

I would like to re-iterate this endorsement as we were delighted with his work.
    We had recently removed carpets in our home (built 1950's) exposing floorboards which he sanded and stained.
    We got him to sand/stain the sitting room , dining room , hallway , stairs and landing.
    and the place was completely transformed when he was finished.
    He was very helpful , courteous , quick and tidy.
    He helped us choose a stain by presenting the various options and also completed the work to a very high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RollOnJohn

I'm new to posting on boards.ie, but as I've got a good bit of work done on the house lately, I thought I pass on news of good experiences I had, as it seems to me there are some cowboys out there.

I wanted floors in two rooms sanded, a living room and bedroom in a small terraced house. One sander was recommended to me as being good value - I won't mentioned his company - his quote came in pretty high, and he was quick-talking and pretty pushy! I thought about it, sought out another quote from Ariane Floor Sanding. Their quote came in €280 lower (around €15 per sq m)- it was a simple job to do, but he and his assistant came within a few days, and did a very good job, and left the place very clean. Happy to recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gumbyman2000

Hey,

I read this thread and a few others on boards when trying to figure out who to get to do our floors so said I’d stick up my two cents and pay some homage. First off I have no affiliation with anybody and knew no sanders before I started my search! To cut a long story short we went with Dublinfloorsanding.ie. Richard is the guy there. We had a few quotes and there wasn’t much between prices (Richard was around 20% cheaper) so it wasn’t really the cash that swung it. Richard himself came across as a guy who knows his stuff inside out, knew exactly the type of wood we had, how old it was, and was able to give us a very good idea of the colour it would come up (pitch pine boards are in the house since 1890 but were covered in carpet and various paints and dirt over the years). He was able to give us advice on the types of finish we might like (varnish) and steered us away from an additional job of filling the gaps between the boards (very glad now we didn’t do that). He lives his work and his passion for it shines through, we knew we were in very safe hands. Didn’t get that feeling from any other sanders we talked to. The morning he started he did a very quick sample, sanded & varnished, to make sure I was happy with the look so I could decide if I wanted to stain (I didn’t but this would have been a very minimal extra cost had I done so).

Anyhow, Richard carried out the work exactly as planned, and the results were amazing. Better than we had hoped. We are doing a huge amount of work to renovate an old house and have dealt with a lot of good tradesmen but our experience with Richard shines through as one of the best. Flawless (which I am coming to realise is a rarity!). Seriously good price, seriously good job and a seriously nice guy.

Cheers,
    Gumby.

Advertisement