Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slurry Tankers/Agitators

• 26-08-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Thinkin of buy a tanker and agitator....cant believe there is so many out there....Lookin at hi-spec. Its a mine field, very hard to compare like with like... Any good tips?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

first decide what size tank you want, 1600/2000/2000+gal

what size tyres

Width, by that I mean do you want recessed wheels

pumps are easy basically 8000/10,000 L/min

After that its bells and whistles, best thing to do is get a good look at one makers options price list:) price everything you think you need.

Happy hunting

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

put the best tyres you can afford on.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

if you are going contracting,consider a trailing shoe. there will be a demand for it in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭limo_100

Thinkin of buy a tanker and agitator....cant believe there is so many out there....Lookin at hi-spec. Its a mine field, very hard to compare like with like... Any good tips?!
    hi new to dis bt we have jus bought a 1350 hi-spec tanker because they seem to be best tanker on the market. got it with 550/60 22.5 tires with mudguards and led lights and they also come with an a 9000l pump and not as expensive as the other brands cous they will actully sell direct to the farmer. in regreads the agitator we will be buying one next spring and the NC is the best pump on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

the redrock agitator is still what i would go for again (easy design, tidy size easy to run etc) othere such as cross have a similar design,
    re tanks hi spec seem to be the best value for money most lads up our have gone for hi-spec tanks way have ditched abbey which was very popular, still a couple of majors no redrocks being used anymore, conor do a fairly basic 2000 gal tank that is reasonable

if your buying a hi-spec there is a 2250 model that has a larger pump than the 2000gal - so you fill more faster the 250 extra gallons shouldnt make to big of differance for pulling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭raindodger

limo_100 wrote: »
    hi new to dis bt we have jus bought a 1350 hi-spec tanker because they seem to be best tanker on the market. got it with 550/60 22.5 tires with mudguards and led lights and they also come with an a 9000l pump and not as expensive as the other brands cous they will actully sell direct to the farmer. in regreads the agitator we will be buying one next spring and the NC is the best pump on the market

looking to buy tank rang hi spec who just referred me on to local dealer [ who is always dear]

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭raindodger

looking to buy tank rang hi spec who just referred me on to local dealer [ who is always dear]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Is there or was there once a grant for slurry equipment?

Quote=raindodger;74938567]

looking to buy tank rang hi spec who just referred me on to local dealer [ who is always dear][/Quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

There was. Under the old fwms grant. It's gone now.
    viztopia wrote: »
    Is there or was there once a grant for slurry equipment?

Quote=raindodger;74938567]

[/Quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

would a 100hp (4 cylinder) turbo pull a 2000g recessed wheel tank or would i be better with a 1600g size. fields are dry on limestone, are level but the road is hilly. (tractor has trailer brakes) and i would take my time , most of the time anyway

A friend has a mf 6480 with 2050 tank and says he needs all that power to have a even spread in the field without downshifting on the dyna. I have used these outfit for my own the last two years but i like having my own toys. and to be honest its only when when you have the loan of something that it breaks, ie the spreadplate jumped off on the road the last time. now that could have been expensive but lucky no one hit it.

I only want to spend max 5k on a tank but everyone says go for recessed wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

would a 100hp (4 cylinder) turbo pull a 2000g recessed wheel tank or would i be better with a 1600g size. fields are dry on limestone, are level but the road is hilly. (tractor has trailer brakes) and i would take my time , most of the time anyway

A friend has a mf 6480 with 2050 tank and says he needs all that power to have a even spread in the field without downshifting on the dyna. I have used these outfit for my own the last two years but i like having my own toys. and to be honest its only when when you have the loan of something that it breaks, ie the spreadplate jumped off on the road the last time. now that could have been expensive but lucky no one hit it.

Hey Lakill whats the tractor? neighbours near here use a ford 66 on an abbey 2th gal tank. Havent driven it myself though. Weight and stopping power would be the problem.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

lambourgini 1050 turbo. (same 100.4) with 5 speed and 3 splitters in each gear.

I would buy a set of weights for out front as she is a bit light. And she can pull 10t of gravel no problem but gravel and sh*t are two different type loads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

a 6480 would pull a 2600+ tanker at its ease, I don't get the point about even spread.. if the revs on a 6480 are dying down with that size tank he must be trying to spread at road speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

A 6480 would pull a 2050 tank with complete ease so would most 6 cylinders over 100hp i'd say maybe under pressure but they'd be grand..
    We pull an 1100g tank with an 80hp zetor and shes no problem to her to be fair has 22.5/60/50 tyres super job

Sorry guy, he 6480 is finewith th tank behind, it was a 5445 with 2050g that was getting it hard to put out an even cover.

So 1600g on recessed will be ok behind my 100hp lambo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

So 1600g on recessed will be ok behind my 100hp lambo?

There won't be a bother on it. I've seen 1600g tankers on 80hp tractors and there was no bother. They didn't have recessed whells either.

Am i crazy even looking to buy a tank(secondhand) with recessed wheels? my land is fairly dry. I dont want to be markin the land, especially anything i rent.
    (if only my keyboard would work today)

Advertisement