Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your proudest moment of the leaving cert?

• 27-08-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Your moment to brag!:P
    What was the thing you were proudest of throughout the leaving cert? Doesn't even necessarily have to be part of your results! Maybe one particular part of maths you were finally able to grasp or answer completely on the paper? Your Irish oral? Just something you'll be still smiling about for a good while, thinking back on it! :D

Mine personally was my music exam! The reason I was quite proud was because I decided I wanted to do English and Music in Maynooth (arts) around October in 6th year, so I started studying music around Christmas, with some help from my girlfriend who gave me her notes and stuff! I had to do most of the prescribed works myself (the girlfriend helped a lot with Tchaikovsky as it was the one she'd already done in school, being only in 5th year, and gave me her notes on Rhapsody, couldn't have done it without her really). I decided to do the listening elective instead of practical as I get a bit nervous playing for people and was afraid it would bring me down! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't choose it this time! There is absolutely NOTHING online or in books to help you do the listening elective! But anyway, I did it on 1920s-30s jazz standards. In the end, anyway, after 5/6 months of study... I got a C2! :D I was so happy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Made up my own formula in my ordinary level math exam. I dunno if it worked but hey, I got an A2!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got a B1 in HL maths after struggling with it for 2 years.

The rest was fairly dissapointing so ill hold onto that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jonaldinho

Writing a joke in my english exam. Cant remember how it went, but i can remember sitting there in the exam hall with a big smile on my face for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Honestly just sitting the exams at all. I've been quite sick for 5th and 6th year and was in hospital just a week before the exams. So I'm proud of myself for not giving up! And I was delighted with a C1 in maths and getting my first choice university course. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

a B in maths:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Either my A (when I worked it out) in my Irish oral, not failing French, getting a B1 in maths, after struggling along for 4 years, getting a (completely unexpected) B1 in English or geting 100% in my History project!

( A lot of unexected proud moments, especially since I missed from before christmas to the second week of February (swine flu), two weeks from when I hurt my knee (sprained AGAIN!!) and missing about another three months of the leaving cert course in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

How do you know what you got in your history project skintwin?

Gadhafi wrote: »
    How do you know what you got in your history project skintwin?

I went to view my scripts after the results came out and I'd gotten the full 100 marks (25%) in my project. Made all the late nights SOOO worthwhile! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Getting an A1 in my Business mock after teaching myself the course from November onwards.

That and my Engineering project successfully working. My two proudest moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Skintwin wrote: »
    I went to view my scripts after the results came out and I'd gotten the full 100 marks (25%) in my project. Made all the late nights SOOO worthwhile! :cool:
    How'd you manage to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

A2 in HL French after wanting to move to pass, being the worst in the class for 2 years and having a teacher who, while being the best teacher I had, didn't have much faith in me. I showed her. :D Also getting the same grade as people who got a million grinds was quite sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Surviving honours maths for 2 years and coming out with a D1 (thinking I'd failed the whole thing :rolleyes:) then coming out the other side of it and being told I possibly have a mild form of dyscalculia. :pac: I feel accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Personally getting a B1 in English. My teacher told me if I worked hard from the mocks onwards I could get a high C, so I decided not to work much at it and concentrate on my other subjects. Can't wait to see him, and his reaction! He use tell me every second day after the mocks that I was 'gone to the dogs recently!'

As a year, seeing as we were such a small and close year, it would have to be that 5 out of the us 13 Geography students got an A1, even though the national average is only 3%!

Also, 11 of the 38 of us got 500+, a higher percentage then the €5,000 pa grind school, who have their percentages advertised in every local publication and newspaper. We did unreal for a small, urban school. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

B1 in English without finishing a little bit of Paper 1 and the poetry question in Paper 2. Not failing Physics too.

How'd you manage to do that?

Well I did my leaving last year, so when there was an option to view the scripts in September, (I think) I rang up the school to get them to bring my papers down for me to see them. That's how I figured i got an A in my Irish oral too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

My Construction Studies teacher hardly believing I built the project myself after I rendered and topped it up a bit out of his sight! :pac:

Feckin' cúnt of a thing in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Finished Ordinary Level maths paper 1 in 16 minutes, and having a race after the hour passed with my mate to see who could get out of the exam hall first. I won :D. Got an A1 aswell :)

Doing the same for Technical Graphics, finished both papers in under an hour each. A1.... Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Getting 355 points and finding out my first course of choice was exactly 355. Insanely lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

My A2 in higher Business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

i was just deligted to have sat my exams. i was having a rough few years and for me to come away it a decent result in the leaving cert has made me feel much better about myself. The true test of endurance will be when I graduate from university though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My A2 in Physics, I got the highest in the class which is such an achievement considering I always got average grades in class tests and house (Christmas and Summer) exams. My teacher also thought I'd never be capable of an A!

My B2 in English was sweet aswell. In essays and house exams I always got Cs (and usually C2s and C3s at that) so a B2 was such an achievement - I didn't even do much work for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Its either quoting Pirates of the Caribbean in my Hamlet essay, or skipping study to try on costumes and "get married" in the costume room.

Do you know how fun it is to run through the corridors in school, at eight in the evening, in a wedding dress with friend a suit trying to avoid getting caught on camera or by anyone? I do. Its awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Probably when I managed to mention my favourite book (Catch-22) and my favourite chapter (Milo the Militant) in my 100mark English essay without doing it in a clumsy way. Don't ask me why but I'd aimed to do it since December when I'd first read it.

I got an A2 in the end so I guess my examiner must have enjoyed Catch-22 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Fraping my teacher during a DCG class.. :) and getting a c2 in the honours maths after failing every maths paper for a solid 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eoin Cunniffe 94

A2 in HL French after wanting to move to pass, being the worst in the class for 2 years and having a teacher who, while being the best teacher I had, didn't have much faith in me. I showed her. :D Also getting the same grade as people who got a million grinds was quite sweet!

How did you manage that ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Solus01

Getting an A1 in Higher English and just knowing that all my hard work was worth it :D And to top it off I think I got the only A in my year, certainly the only one to get an A1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I think I'm proud of myself just for making it through. I've wanted to quit school so much over the last 12 years and I'm just glad it's over and I came out the other side.

I think I'm proud of myself for getting an A1 in OL maths. It was the only subject I really adored and the exam didn't go too well but I managed :D
    I'm glad I did well in everything else but I'm not proud of myself for doing it as it wasn't planned and I wasn't expecting it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A million years ago of course, but I was most proud of going up a grade from JC to LC in HL Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Getting 4 A1's in the "Maths" subjects (accounting, maths, app. maths, physics) after consciously picking options based on the amount of maths in them!. . .

. . .Not breaking down mentally was also a bit of a bonus. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Getting 4 A1's in the "Maths" subjects (accounting, maths, app. maths, physics) after consciously picking options based on the amount of maths in them!. . .

. . .Not breaking down mentally was also a bit of a bonus. . .

Wow, that's probably one of the things that impressed me most on this! :P

Advertisement