Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your proudest moment of the leaving cert?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Getting an A2 in HL Irish after only moving to the country and starting Irish when I was 10, in 4th class.
    I'd been seriously considering dropping to OL right up to the mocks :)

Also opening the results. My guidance counsellor, was convinced I wouldn't get enough points for a level 7 because of my "circumstances" at home. When I got the second highest points in the school she appologised to me :D nice one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Getting an A2 in HL Irish after only moving to the country and starting Irish when I was 10, in 4th class.
    I'd been seriously considering dropping to OL right up to the mocks :)

Also opening the results. My guidance counsellor, was convinced I wouldn't get enough points for a level 7 because of my "circumstances" at home. When I got the second highest points in the school she appologised to me :D nice one ;)

Now that is inspiring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Wow, that's probably one of the things that impressed me most on this! :P

Here now, my 355 points is clearly as impressive as it gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Surviving honours triple maths class in 5th year. Oh god, bane of my life. I used to literally cry before I entered that class. But LOOK, I'm still alive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I came out of maths paper one and only cried for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

A good while back now, but getting a B3 in Irish when my Irish teacher spent all of fifth and sixth year trying to kick me out of the honours class even though I never failed a test. Never got higher than a D either, but that was hardly the point at the time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Here now, my 355 points is clearly as impressive as it gets!

Yeah, I said ONE of the things! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

getting 100% in irish paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i did my leaving 9 years ago, but the proudest i ever felt was actually going in doing the exams itself. i got sick with vertigo in fifth year right through into 6th year, there was days i couldn't get out of bed. i was told i could wait until the following year to do them, but said no, so i got my own room on the ground floor and my own supervisor. very proud of my self for just passing my leaving, even prouder for passsing irish :p

also while managing to get a c3 in geography higher level when only did 3 questions when i was supposed to do 4. woot

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

How did you manage that ? :)

Studied like a mad divil for the Oral...the thought of being recorded in a room and not knowing what to say scared the life out of me, so for 2-3 weeks I purely studied French. I looked up things online and learned off loads of phrases. Like I said my teacher was brilliant too and she gave me some practice work. Our Oral examiner was a dote, asked really easy questions and I ended up not using most of the material. Then in June it all came flooding back. :D

I also did a million comprehensions and learned how easy they are to answer without knowing what they're about! A nice listening helped too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PadraicEgan

Getting an A2 in Higher Ag Science. Now I get to run the farm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭gOst

Came home after construction exam convinced I'd made a balls of it..... turned out I got the 3rd highest grade in the country.

gOst wrote: »
    Came home after construction exam convinced I'd made a balls of it..... turned out I got the 3rd highest grade in the country.

How did you work that out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Surviving school, haha :p

Nah, has to be that B1 I got in HL Art, really wasn't expecting that :D
    And blood, sweat and tears went into that damn LCVP, but it all worked out when I saw that distinction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

A2 in German after struggling through every bloody class for five years! I had thought I could say goodbye to a high B after my oral - was very impressed altogether :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

I guess mine was really getting the course I wanted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭gOst

How did you work that out? :confused:

I did the leaving a few years ago. I had started college and was in the middle of a lecture when I got a call from the principle. I had to go to an awards ceremony! It was organised by these guys http://www.technoteachers.ie/j/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=57

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

This will sound really weird, but failing HL Chemistry and still getting my first choice of psychology was awesome :) From Christmas onwards when I got my UCAS offer I literally didn't do a scrap of revision for it because I didn't need it - that and I hated my teacher with an absolute passion. What a bitch. God help the poor First Years that get her for science in the morning :D

The other one was opening my results and seeing an A2 in HL English because I didn't learn off anything at all except Boland quotes :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Noon_ wrote: »
    The other one was opening my results and seeing an A2 in HL English because I didn't learn off anything at all

Probably why you did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Rewriting Jack and the Beanstalk for my English essay and getting an A1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Probably the A1 in English. Not because of any major effort or work, but because I just bloody love everything about the subject. Nearly welled up a bit when my English teacher hugged me today for getting the only A1 :P

Also, getting highest points in the school was nice. It's totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but it's pretty cool at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Grade wise, I was thrilled with A1's in Biology and Chemistry, and an A2 in French. :D Chemistry especially seeing as in 5th year I was considering dropping the subject, I didn't understand a thing and I hated that. I eventually pulled my socks up and it ended up being my favourite subject :P

Overall though, I'm proud of myself for not breaking down in the last year and for staying strong. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at the very start of 6th year and went through not only surgery but chemotherapy and radiation too. She was my motivation throughout the year and she pulled through thankfully. It was a difficult year to say the least, and I'm glad everything worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Getting an A2 in Maths and Geography :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Coming from 2As, 6Bs, a C and a D in JC to 4A1s, an A2 and a B1 in LC. All you need is a goal, kids.

For having the courage to undertake all this, even if my LC has turned into a hollow victory atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ditto actually :D I used to try to be 'cool', and in the last two years I've just been myself and I'm really happy and confident after the two best years of my life! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Bringing my Home Ec grade from a D3 to a B1 :) I nearly cried with joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

My only A1 in german, a language I never learned in school yet know fluently, thanks to german tv we have at home(parents are swiss, but swiss and german are quite different).
    Tough enough exam really, I'm astonished how difficult it was compared to french. Fair play to anyone who got a high mark in german!!!

[Rasta] wrote: »
    My only A1 in german, a language I never learned in school yet know fluently, thanks to german tv we have at home(parents are swiss, but swiss and german are quite different).
    Tough enough exam really, I'm astonished how difficult it was compared to french. Fair play to anyone who got a high mark in german!!!

My school has a dose of German students, and a few of them only got Bs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've several :D

Opening up English Paper 2 to find all 4 poets that I had frantically studied the night before, including the babe himself Yeats :D

Getting a B3 in HL Maths (and beating the A1 student who got a C)

Getting a B3 in HL History without doing the last essay (worth 20%)

Passing HL Irish

Advertisement