Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your proudest moment of the leaving cert?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 epicwinning

Bagging an A1 in Applied Maths despite not doing 2 of my favourite questions.

Using circular logic in the maths q8(c) "Use integration to prove the area of a circle" question. I just differentiated it, and looked for an excuse to integrate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

This:

6102430356_a824d4d342_b.jpg

Still randomly screaming like a little girl!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Getting an A1 in biology after 2 years of everyone telling me my teacher wasn't any good, her notes were useless etc. Proved them wrong!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Probably getting an A1 in french. it was the one thing i wanted after never getting lower than an A the past two years and i thought i had messed up the comprehensions a bit with my manipulation in the answers
    then after that the A2 in business was a big shock:eek:

oh and of course 6AM on the 22nd of august logging onto the CAO and accepting the offer of my first choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 King LeBron

Had a look at some of my scripts earlier... I got 487/500 in Geography :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Had a look at some of my scripts earlier... I got 487/500 in Geography :D

I don't do Geography.. But DEAR JESUS, Fair play to you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

going from a fail to a C1 in french after being told i might not pass ordinary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

80/80 in French aural, 91/100 in Irish aural.
    Somehow managing to only do 7 questions out of 8 in Chemistry and getting a C2.

39/40, 40/40 and 39/40 for the Physics experiments!

And definitely the proudest, by an absolute mile: 29% in Applied Maths :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Failing HL maths in the Pres, getting only about 32%. Ended up with a B2 in the LC, with an average of 76% over the two papers. HAPPY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Getting a better grade in every exam in the LC compared to the Mocks. :D

I went up just over 200 points from the Mocks to the LC :D:D So I suppose my proudest moment was . . . the whole thing!! :eek::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I know you don't normally know what you get in the oral, but for some reason it was written on my script!

I got full marks in my Irish oral and my mom gave me €20 when I told her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

doing my maths paper 1 with the biggest hangover in my life and getting a b2 in pass. i was bricking it because i couldnt even read the paper for half an hour :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blerh

Picking up Biology at the start of 6th year, studying it by myself and then getting an A2 at higher level :D Appealing it though because I desperately need an A1 for an offer.
    Also getting a C3 in Accounting in the mocks, then getting a B1 in the real thing :D
    And also getting an A2 in English after 5 years of straight Bs and some Cs.
    And getting a B2 in higher German after getting around 50 to 60% in every exam for 2 years. I don't even know how that happened since I didn't do anything differently or study any harder :S

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

The relief after actually pulling off the Irish French and Japanese orals! All of my favourite poets coming up in English, everything our teacher told us to study in Irish comin up! Maths not actually being too much of a mindf**k. Nothing being an absolute disaster most of all!!

Oh yeah, and getting 8A1's.. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cinnemaroll

Getting a A2 in honours maths- my first A in two years.

but hey, why settle for one highlight?? I got 98% in history! That was nice! and yes that means I was shallow enough to view a scrip i got an A1 in:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

Getting an A2 in English when I absolutely winged it. I'm talking night before, read through 3 or 4 poems by Eavan Boland, and making up my answer to the Claudius/Villain question as I went along seeing as I didn't even open Hamlet after my first read. 'Twas hilarious.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Getting one of the teachers to sign my shoe on the last day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

leaving my irish paper 2 exam after 35 mins wit 10 lines written and still gettin a b3!!
    13 years of years of misery comin to a somewhat appropriate ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I remember there was a controversial Maths question in the 2006 LC. Was kind of satisfied finding out it was controversial as I hadn't had any problems with it myself (nor did my classmates) despite not being a Maths wizard. Of course I may of just answered it wrong, will never know now. I was happy with my C1 anyway so don't care either!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eputsca

It was nice to feel like I was rewarded for working steadily for the two years, rather than just cramming for two months. I got my A1 in english when my teacher had us believing even an A2 was impossible, as well as A1's in my other favourite subjects. But more than that, I'm glad that I didn't let those nightmare exams get the better of me; I like to think that I kept my cool (and my priorities) throughout the whole ordeal :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement