Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Holiday Destination Ever

• 27-08-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

As the thread title goes

What is the worst holiday destination you've ever went on?

Mine would be Calas de Mallorca and Pontins Wales bloody awful places!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dundalk ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Mogadishu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Libya's supposed to be lovely this time of year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Mogadishu, Tripoli?

I dunno, OP, I give up. Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Anywhere that does not have a proper sewrage system it stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Anywhere that does not have a proper sewrage system it stinks.

See post #2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

i went to northampton last week what a sh*t hole ( i was born and brought up there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

KTRIC wrote: »
    Dundalk ??
    no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Arklow :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Grimsby.

Sounds kinda grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

At a guess, I'd say your house OP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saila wrote: »
    turkey?
    yeah went to turkey once, didnt feel safe at night, food was crap, some places were dirty and turk blokes were assholes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

yeah went to turkey once, didnt feel safe at night, food was crap, some places were dirty and turk blokes were assholes!

All 39,000,000 of them?

Littlehorny is not an accurate moniker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Clogheen. And I'm from Tipperary. We didn't even leave the county :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

darrcow wrote: »
    i went to northampton last week what a sh*t hole ( i was born and brought up there)

You're lucky getting to go to Northampton, it sounds lovely to me. I go to SCUNTHORPE for my holidays for God's sake (brought up there). Scunthorpe is not known for it's tourist attractions, it's better known for it's heroin problem, it's toothless residents and the smell of sulphur from the local steelworks.........

A weekend there and I'm crying to get back to rural Ireland:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

All 39,000,000 of them?

Littlehorny is not an accurate moniker.
    yaeh but there is only one of me and my experience of turkey, wouldnt go back there, ate in one restaurant most of the time cause others were filthy and our girlfriends/wives were treated poorly and with no respect. Another night a few of my mates and me were nearly battered, because a gang of turkish lads thought we were english. So all i can speak of is personal experience and unlike you i cant speak for 39 million turks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dublin.
    See post #2.

The old inferiority complex from Cork raises it's head again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Aylesbury. Dreary ****hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 RinkyDinkSlink

Prague, beautiful place but fooking sh!thole and I got robbed there :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I've been too, and didnt enjoy myself, but I dont think its fair to say that of the entire place. I went to a dingy spit-hole of a city. I'd have loved to visit Istanbul, which is supposed to be amazing.

Personally, I hate any place thats overly Touristy, like where I stayed in Lanzarote (Cant remember the name). That said, I like to go on holidays to see places of interest, not to chill by the pool and what have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Aylesbury. Dreary ****hole.

What on earth were you expecting of a Buckinghamshire commuter town? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gina L

the worst ever has got to be ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gina L

freaky hostel in brataslavia..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Bettystown, no doubt.

And why anyone would even go to Fundalk is beyond me, thankfully never stayed there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Las Vegas

Clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Were you wearing your username on a t-shirt ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Las Vegas

What?! You crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

What?! You crazy!

Must have had his Jager spiked or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Clonmel.

why the feck did you go to Clonmel on hols?

I assume ye went to Cahir?

callaway92 wrote: »
    why the feck did you go to Clonmel on hols?

I assume ye went to Cahir?

I live in Clonmel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Tartarus is pretty cold this time of year......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Kusidasi Turkey. I puked my ring up for a full week. Horrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The Hotel California. It looked tempting in the brochure, but it seems we can never leave.

Here since October 1977.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Egypt without question. We were harrassed by local guys every time we stepped outside our hotel even in front of our kids. And I was molested for our entire flight from Sharm to Cairo by a member of the airport staff who was on the flight and chatting away to his mates the air stewards while grabbing at me and laughing. And sort of threatened - he told me I had beautiful eyes and asked if he could take one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

DjFlin wrote: »
    I've been too, and didnt enjoy myself, but I dont think its fair to say that of the entire place. I went to a dingy spit-hole of a city. I'd have loved to visit Istanbul, which is supposed to be amazing.

Been to Istanbul. It's a strange place. Got ripped off, ended up on some sort of mafia man-made island, boyfriend got Turkish tummy and I got stared at really hostilely and pervily when I went out alone in a pair of shorts and a top to get him something from the pharmacy. I found it quite an unfriendly city too.

That said, some people were lovely and the place was beautiful. We were on the old side and I've heard the opposite side is completely different. Kind of sums up the city; it was a mass of strange, beautiful, sometimes intimidating but sometimes really interesting dichotomies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Majorca, in particular Santa Ponsa and Magaluf, looks bad and my sane friends agree with me and these resorts are stuffed full of the sort of assholes I generally go on holiday to get away from.

I love GAA but if I see a GAA, FAI or IRFU Jersey and the words Irish Pub then I know for certain it is most likely a sh1thole and not the sort of place I get on a plane for several hours just to get p1ssed and demand the creature comforts of home!

In terms of Ireland as a teenager I was bundled into the car and we landed to Lisdoonvarna for a week, it was full of like 60+ old fogies on the pull with their crappy old music, my parents loved it, I couldn't even buy a decent newspaper there. A week of hell that was! The TV in the holiday home had RTE1 and RTE2 I nearly died I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Lloret de Mar by a long way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What?! You crazy!

probably went to the wrong vegas

rossie1977 wrote: »
    probably went to the wrong vegas

Or caught Herpes that sh1t will come back with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I found Gran Canaria to be a bit of a sh*thole. A bunch of us had just finished our Leaving Cert. and we decided to head off on a sun holiday.
    Not that I didn't have a good time, it's just that the place itself seemed cheap to me.

Plus, (and this is the main reason I didn't enjoy it) I was punched in the ear by a midget (yes, a midget) and a couple of his taller friends one night on the way home. The story is too embarrassing to go into in detail right now, but suffice to say that night ended poorly for everyone involved.

I might write a musical about it some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Stinicker wrote: »
    Or caught Herpes that sh1t will come back with you!

he might have ran into this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Egypt and Tunisia were pretty awful. Didn't like much about Turkey either. Won't be going to another predominantly arabic nation for a holiday again. Maybe it was just bad luck but I really didn't like the vibe in these places, especially compared to visits to family in the United States and France which we do a fair bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Seaside Heights in New Jersey. Technically I wasn't on holiday there to be fair since I was working 6 days a week but fcuk me, what a complete ****hole. If you've ever seen the show Jersey Shore, multiply the cast to 20000 people or so and you can have an idea of my surroundings. Full of tacky, overpriced **** and the biggest arseholes I've ever met.

If the place gets flooded by Hurricane Irene I can honestly say I think I'd enjoy it, it's that awful.

Didn't enjoy Barcelona very much either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tramore, Imagine telling your kids you are bringing them somewhere exciting, sunny and entertaining, And then as you approach Tramore, Watching their faces drop with disappointment.

charlemont wrote: »
    Tramore, Imagine telling your kids you are bringing them somewhere exciting, sunny and entertaining, And then as you approach Tramore, Watching their faces drop with disappointment.

Are we there yet, Are we there yet! Ah hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Definitely Rio de Janeiro.

It's disgusting, you go for a casual walk on Ipanema or Copacabana, and all you see is sexy female arses in thongs.

It's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DRUMorDIE

Donegal.

My parents are the type of taking drives for the day to "enjoy the scenery" when my sisters and I much prefer wandering cities and actually something of interest besides random fields and villages with one street. At its worst (the moody teenage years) my dad and me got in a shouting match over what a holiday is and I got out of the car in the mountains of Donegal to try walk back to Letterkenny. Not fun at all and the Irish "summer" didn't do anything to lighten the mood

• Advertisement
Advertisement