Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Holiday Destination Ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Few years ago in Ayia Napa. Swallowed fish bones on the first night and spent the next few days in bed thinking that I had a throat infection. Then, when I went to the doc he thought it'd be a good idea to pull the bones out with a set of pliers. Only started to feel better on the last night, and our flight home was at 6 the next morning.

Ouch!
    You're coddin me?! Definitely wasn't the Plaice for that to happen. I'd say you were gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:o Went to Blackpool in the early eighties, Stayed in a b&b, You wouldn't swing a cat in it, If you had a cat. We had to put 50 pence coins in the tv, It rained for the whole week,You could here the whole house and what it was up to, The beer was like the rain water, The tide was out forever, The blackpool tower was closed, The only thing I came back with was a Large tattoo of a witch's head which I still have :o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ouch!
    You're coddin me?! Definitely wasn't the Plaice for that to happen. I'd say you were gutted.

LOL!
    10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ouch!

:) Lucky he wasent battered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

realies wrote: »
    :) Lucky he wasent battered :)

*Slow Clap*

That joke was complete Salmon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ouch!

That's some top notch creative whiting.. you're a dab hand at it. Let minnow if you have any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

hiscan wrote: »
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Could you elaborate?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Keycamp Holiday park in Normandy northern France. First up was a 16 hour ferry trip on some atrocious piece of scrap that was hardly sea worthy. When we got there they gave us a fcuking tent to stay in for the first 3 nights as the mobile home we reserved was given away to another family. We stayed for 2 weeks and it rained everyday, there was nothing to do, the drives were boring, just miles of countryside that's very similar to here. My brother and I went to play football with the other camper's kids but were told to piss off and called Fenian b@stards by a group of Scottish kids.
    Not a good experience at all.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

hiscan wrote: »
    John Doe1 wrote: »
    Could you elaborate?:)

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Worst holiday ever?

It rained boo hoo.

The food was crap boo hoo.

It was overpriced boo hoo.

The roads were bumpy boo hoo.

Try being shot at for 9 months in Afghanistan, burying the **** youve just taken in sand thats hot and hard as concrete. Makes Spanish Point seem like Mecca.

:)

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Worst holiday ever?

It rained boo hoo.

Try being shot at for 9 months in Afghanistan, burying the **** youve just taken in sand thats hot and hard as concrete. Makes Spanish Point seem like Mecca.

Do you mean Shi'ite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Worst holiday ever?

It rained boo hoo.

Why on earth would you go on holiday to Afghanistan for 9 months? Didn't you know there was a war going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why on earth would you go on holiday to Afghanistan for 9 months? Didn't you know there was a war going on?

Fecking exotic destination gap year oneupmanship.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Worst holiday ever?

It rained boo hoo.

"You're out of order I'm out of order the whole freakin' system is out of order, you want the truth you want the truth you can't handle the truth because when you reach over into a pile a goo that used to be your best friends face you'll know what to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Worst holiday ever? The Canaries! What a sh!thole. :mad: Dirty kip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Sunshine house, balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Veles wrote: »
    Benalmadena

Was there last year for a few days, pretty crap place all right, but the company was great so had a great time anyway. I've never had a really awful holiday that I couldn't wait to come home from, so far........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

My parents took us to Mayo one year in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere but we had to stay there for 2 weeks.:(
    Was there freaks stalking ye in the woods with one tooth and Endas face carrying shotguns?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

0066ad wrote: »
    Sunshine house, balbriggan

At least you had the preist's to keep you company at bed time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I suppose it'd have to be the one when i got raped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Ha you can say it, bundoran is a ****hole and most of the west is filled with inbred simpletons:)

Hold on the ulster scots up your way are totally inbred :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

mine was goin away to spain for a week with my GF at the time and breaking up with her on the first night, longest week ever! it was like pulling teeth :pac:

anybody got any funny or shocking disaster holiday stories to share? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Went to the Canaries a few years back with our next door neighbours. Booooorrrrrrrringgg!!! All they wanted to do was lie around the pool all day, every day! We wanted to go do stuff and they couldn't be arsed. So we just left them to it and did our own thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

A caravan holiday on some island, we forgot the travel scrabble and the normal scrabble. :rolleyes:
    Bad times. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Courtown when I was about 6! Rained for about 4 days solid and then the folks decided to just head back home! Never been back there since and prob never will either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

davet82 wrote: »

Maiden voyage of the worlds most luxurious boat. It didn't end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mine was goin away to spain for a week with my GF at the time and breaking up with her on the first night, longest week ever! it was like pulling teeth :pac:

Were ye both on the pull for the rest of the week? Sounds like a mad holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i was trying to think of a holiday i didn't enjoy but there is none. i always love my holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

went to India, got the sh!ts for 2 weeks plus the locals are a bunch of cnuts.

Sad thing is my work sent me there to train some people about a year later, more toilet fun. Never again.

India is the diarrhea capital of the world, its one huge toilet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Stag weekend in Galway when mephedrone was legal, coming home was the worst I've ever felt in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yes last year, Vegas la and new York. I never made it beyond Vegas as I got ill and spent a lot of time in bed before going to the hospital. Flew home last minute flight, nightmare as I couldn't handle it. I spent one day shopping in Vegas and sightseeing which was great. The other days were spent in hysterical fear as I had never felt that bad, knew I needed to go hospital and so far from home. I also lost two of the three friends I went with as they were deliberately unhelpful and uncaring. The hospital had several prostitutes in a and e, my friends left me alone there. Very surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Fizman wrote: »

while sharing the same room...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

mandrake04 wrote: »
    went to India, got the sh!ts for 2 weeks plus the locals are a bunch of cnuts.

Sad thing is my work sent me there to train some people about a year later, more toilet fun. Never again.

India is the diarrhea capital of the world, its one huge toilet.

Nice to see travel broadened your horizons.

Fizman wrote: »

jesus christ... just thinking about it i have a headache... she just moaned and moaned at me, was a longtime ago now, i met up with a few lads and went out on the pizz every night, she just sat around moaning in the sun all day and went to bed early and then moaned some more in the morning, thing is she didnt want to be with me either, i think we only stayed together for the sake of the holiday but she couldnt handle that fact i didnt give a flyin fcuk either :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Weeks bed and board in mount joy wasn't that nice to be honest.

Sharing a cell with big gay Mal, he literally was a pain in me hole!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Weeks bed and board in mount joy wasn't that nice to be honest.

Sharing a cell with big gay Mal, it literally was a pain in me hole!

Was Mal actually gay or was he just the alpha male?

mine thread was worst thing that happened you on holiday not worst holiday destination thats aload of bollix, wheres me thread gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

mine thread was worst thing that happened you on holiday not worst holiday destination thats aload of bollix, wheres me thread gone :(

I know, I was enjoying it :(

• Advertisement

i dont care if the hotel was shíte, i just wanted to know did you fall over the balcony and crack your skull ect ect

boooooooooo!!! :(

Eaten by racist and homophobic trolls, apparently.

The worst thing on hol?

Food poisoned in Taiwan
    Choked on chicken in Louisiana
    Bitten by a duck in Wiltshire
    Nearly drowned in Okinawa
    Caught in earthquake in Chiba
    Food poisoned in Menorca
    Bitten by something nasty in Hawaii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Most of Vietnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The title of the thread was "worst holiday you have been on?" which to me is the same as "Worst Holiday Destination Ever".
    Since destination and what happened there are intrically linked I merged them
    If you like you can PM me about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

later12 wrote: »
    Serious question: if you were a girl alone at night in Dublin would you feel safer walking by a group of Muslim men at night time or a group of Dublin knackers?

Sorry for the generalisation, Dublin knackers, but if I had the choice of leaving my sisters in the company of either strangers I'd pick the Muslim men each time. While I strongly disagree with Islamic teaching in many respects, I generally find myself more likely to trust them than your garden variety Dubliner on the street.

what a stupid comparison. If you are going to have the girl walk with knackers, have the choice of dublin knackers or muslin knackers. At least keep it fair.

what a stupid comparison. If you are going to have the girl walk with knackers, have the choice of dublin knackers or muslin knackers. At least keep it fair.

What are muslin knackers? Do they dress entirely in white cloth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can we leave the Dubs and Muslim discussion out of this please.
    Back to crazy **** that happened to you on your worst holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

old hippy wrote: »
    Nice to see travel broadened your horizons.

Broadened his arse more like:pac:

My worst was Turkey,stuck on the jacks for 3 days due to a mixture of bad food & beer.The most annoying locals constantly trying to sell me rubbish.I have no intention of going there again.

Playa de Ingles on Gran Canaria is a close second.Was ok when I was a teen but went again a few years ago and it's a dive and hasn't improved since I'd been there the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Worst holiday ever?

It rained boo hoo.

your choice :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

old hippy wrote: »
    Eaten by racist and homophobic trolls, apparently.

The worst thing on hol?

Food poisoned in Taiwan
    Choked on chicken in Louisiana
    Bitten by a duck in Wiltshire
    Nearly drowned in Okinawa
    Caught in earthquake in Chiba
    Food poisoned in Menorca
    Bitten by something nasty in Hawaii

Eh, would you mind keeping us updated on your travel plans so we know not to go there at the same time. Cheers thanks so much!

Advertisement