Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bomb almost kills someone in Navan and nobody even mentions it?

Options
  • 27-08-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0824/navan.html

or am i just missing the story somewhere on boards.ie? :confused:

the funny (or not) think is, i heard it go off on Wednesday morning just before 8am and it was loud enough that the windows in my house looked like they were going to drop out and half the leaves were blown off the trees, but i thought it was a gas bottle or something and never bothered to check the news.

i only found out tonight when a Garda came knocking at the door to take a statement and see if i had seen anyone suspicious. when i asked him where it was, it went off literally 50m away from my house. :(

of course there's a dozen or so houses closer to it than mine, but thankfully nobody else was hurt aside from the intended victim, but there could easily have been a fatality at that time of the morning on a residential street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

vibe666 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0824/navan.html

or am i just missing the story somewhere on boards.ie? :confused:

the funny (or not) think is, i heard it go off on Wednesday morning just before 8am and it was loud enough that the windows in my house looked like they were going to drop out and half the leaves were blown off the trees, but i thought it was a gas bottle or something and never bothered to check the news.

i only found out tonight when a Garda came knocking at the door to take a statement and see if i had seen anyone suspicious. when i asked him where it was, it went off literally 50m away from my house. :(

of course there's a dozen or so houses closer to it than mine, but thankfully nobody else was hurt aside from the intended victim, but there could easily have been a fatality at that time of the morning on a residential street.

we must be neighbours so:D
    Didnt bother mentioning it cause all we've herd in the last week is "the bomb, the bomb, the bomb.
    i think if there is a discussion opened about it all we will get is rumours and speculations.
    I left for work 5- 10 mins before the blast but didnt see anything. Guards were at my door yesterday but couldnt help them.
    At least we know the informant wont be back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

vibe666 wrote: »
    but there could easily have been a fatality at that time of the morning on a residential street.

Yep, very possible, and the charming gents who do stuff like this for their "cause" couldn't give a damn about who they blow to bits or the devastated families they leave behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

we must be neighbours so:D
    Didnt bother mentioning it cause all we've herd in the last week is "the bomb, the bomb, the bomb.
    i think if there is a discussion opened about it all we will get is rumours and speculations.
    I left for work 5- 10 mins before the blast but didnt see anything. Guards were at my door yesterday but couldnt help them.
    At least we know the informant wont be back.
    yeah, i'm just over the wall in priory grove.

my wife reminded me that we looked at a house in beech grove before we saw the one we ended up moving into our current house, so we could have been a lot closer to it if the estate agent hadn't turned up an hour late, still half pissed from the night before and not even bought the keys with her!

fingers crossed yer man doesn't come back anyway, we can do without any more of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yep, very possible, and the charming gents who do stuff like this for their "cause" couldn't give a damn about who they blow to bits or the devastated families they leave behind.
    seeminly they werent doing it for THE CAUSE it was because he wasnt able to keep his gob quiet......Will always catch up in the end with them

Advertisement