Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Issue

• 27-08-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

On a package of €44pm however over the past 3 mths my bills have been over €80.Rang Vodafone who said I went over limit.Now my records say I only downloaded 25,897 GB and not... Time spent online:
    584 hours, 19 minutes
    Data downloaded:
    138.23 GB
    Data uploaded:
    6.97 GB
    Total data used:
    145.20 GB
    this never happened when I was on a cheaper package.My son plays xbox and downloaded 1 movie so could the xbox be to blame? He downloaded more on the cheaper package without any problems.He reckons people maybe hacking our wireless network. But I dont know how to go about finding this out:confused:
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What encryption method is your wireless using, WEP or WPA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

How old is your son?. Have a funny feeling that tech savvy kids who blame anonymous wifi hackers for inflated downloading might be trying to cover their tracks.....

Then again I could be wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Spear wrote: »
    What encryption method is your wireless using, WEP or WPA?

WEP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bettyboop wrote: »
    WEP

Then there's your most likely answer. Switch it to WPA and change the key to something new, longer than 8 characters minimum, and a non-dictionary word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Spear wrote: »
    Then there's your most likely answer. Switch it to WPA and change the key to something new, longer than 8 characters minimum, and a non-dictionary word.

:eek:Thanks so much;)will do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement