Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile broadband in Rahoon

• 27-08-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Which is the best mobile broadband provider in Rahoon area.
    Need a wi fi router which they all provide but unsure which service provider gives fastest download and upload speeds in this area.
    I know O2 and 3 have 20Gb download limit and Vodafone Meteor and emobile have 10Gb limit, but what good is a bigger limit if speeds are very poor.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I dont know if you share a house with others, but you should serioulsy look into getting proper broadband if you want decent speeds. I used to have 3 mobile "broadband" and it was a heap of crap. It would take well over 2/3 hours just to download a 90 min film during daytime hours. Me and my housemates got UPC 25 mg broadband for 40 euros a month and its brilliant! A similar sized film now downloads in 3 mins.

IF you have to go the mobile broadband route dont... i repeat DONT go with three!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Thanks, for your reply Filmbuff boy. Sharing with 3 others. Maybe able to get UPC in our house. UPC do a 12Mb package for 25Euro per month. Maybe go for that as we dont need house phone. Do you get an actual speed of 25M with your package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Yeah, the speeds are usually spot on. it very rarely disconnects. and as i said it take next to no time to download stuff. 12 mg might be a bit slower but i guarantee itll be better than mobile broadband, and if youre sharing the bill betwen 3 people it should be cheaper than paying for mobile broadband yourself. only thing is you will be locked into a 12 month contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Get UPC if you can. But if you end up getting Mobile Broadband go with o2.

You can get 21mb Download Speed with 15GB limit for €19.99pm, you will get the dongle (Huawei E353) for free too.

Advertisement