Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coronas, The Olympia Theatre 5th December 2011

Options
  • 27-08-2011 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Just got my ticket for this gig as a present at my party today.

Absolutely chuffed, I've only seen The Coronas once when they promoted In Someone Else's Hands for an RTE show last year but it will be great to see them at their own show.

Shall be a good way to start christmas 2k11:D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭bren2001

You've gone down in my estimations Karaokeman....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bren2001 wrote: »
    You've gone down in my estimations Karaokeman....

I never rated him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Do they ever play any gigs outside Ireland? All I ever seem to hear them playing is the Olympia and a few festivals here, terrible decision if they don't try and book a UK or America tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Do they ever play any gigs outside Ireland? All I ever seem to hear them playing is the Olympia and a few festivals here, terrible decision if they don't try and book a UK or America tour.

Obviously someone doesn't follow The Coronas enough. You should really research these things before questioning them on a public forum.

Here is a link to the press release where the band announced their first headline tour leg of America;
    http://popwreckoning.com/2011/01/04/the-coronas-announce-first-major-headlining-tour-of-north-america-for-february-and-march/

A video from youtube detailing The Coronas previous Australian/Singapore tour from May and June of this year;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_0Q1-s7HU

And here they are performing Far From Here in London;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqwYp6Zta3g

The fact that they play the Olympia regularly and festivals to top it off is a good aspect of their career. Playing theatres gives is handy for Irish homegrown Coronas fans who like to see them for intimate shows. Also festivals are a good chance for them to again keep those strong links with their loyal Irish fans. Oxegen and @ The Park are good for those who want to go crazy and support up-and-coming bands all the way. With two studio albums under their belt it is still early days for The Coronas and the fact they have gone stateside and cracked other markets is good for an Irish band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Probably didn't put that the best. I genuinely had never heard of them booking a tour outside of Ireland and always found it odd. I even checked their Gigs page on their site to see where they're playing and 3 were in Ireland, one in Spain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement