Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KSC USP .45 problem

• 27-08-2011 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I need to ask the GBB experts out there because im having a problem with my USP.45, whenever i fire it after decocking it would only go halfway and doesnt push the valve in the mag which results to a dead man's click, im not really sure whats the reason as i have already opened it and it doesnt seem to show any broken parts... i hope to hear some input THANKS!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Has it always been like that? It could be a weakened hammer spring - I'm not sure why it would fire better from a 'cocked' position, but it could just hit with more force.

Alternatively, some guns have a safety feature where unless the slide has been racked, it won't fire. If you have de-cocked the hammer, it should be sitting slightly away from the slide i.e. still very slightly pre-cocked. If it's not, then this could be the cause of the problem.

I have had zero hands on time with KSC/KWA USP's though, so this is all purely speculative...I am probably completely off the mark. But I figure any help is better than no help

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

Inari wrote: »
    Has it always been like that? It could be a weakened hammer spring - I'm not sure why it would fire better from a 'cocked' position, but it could just hit with more force.

Alternatively, some guns have a safety feature where unless the slide has been racked, it won't fire. If you have de-cocked the hammer, it should be sitting slightly away from the slide i.e. still very slightly pre-cocked. If it's not, then this could be the cause of the problem.

I have had zero hands on time with KSC/KWA USP's though, so this is all purely speculative...I am probably completely off the mark. But I figure any help is better than no help

It couldnt be the hammer spring because ive chenge all my pistols with guard 150% hammer and recoil spring and yes it is precocked when i decock it the only problem is that when im pulling the trigger from the precocked stage it doesnt hit the valve as it would when its pulled all the way back.... I believe that theres a broken part inside but i just cant pin point it out, just asking around maybe some fellas had a same issues before
    thanks for the help anyway i might go and strip it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Hey all,
    I got a small problem with my pistol, as the title suggests its a KSC USP .45, thought I shud reignite this thread instead of starting a new one, anyway...

when you have the pistol on safety it still fires, even from the decocked position, not sure what the problem is, I'll try and make a small vid of it happening t show ye all if nobody has any ideas on what it could be.
    thanks!

typical USP problem man, your problem is the safety/decocker lever, the bit that stops sear 52 and sear 24 from releasing the hammer when its cocked you need to order a new lever man, does it shoot when you decock it? i didnt want to expose this little discovery yet as i had plans for it and alot of people doesnt seem to know this yet but oh well :)

gian wrote: »
    typical USP problem man, your problem is the safety/decocker lever, the bit that stops sear 52 and sear 24 from releasing the hammer when its cocked you need to order a new lever man, does it shoot when you decock it? i didnt want to expose this little discovery yet as i had plans for it and alot of people doesnt seem to know this yet but oh well :)

Hey cheers lad, don't suppose you know where I could get one (two actually), sorry for unearthing you discovery...:o

• Advertisement

i order my parts directly from KWA, order both sear 24 and a lever they are the ones that gets worn out, is your USP system7?

i order my parts directly from KWA, order both sear 24 and a lever they are the ones that gets worn out, is your USP system7?

Nope, I have 2 pre-system 7 KSC USP .45's

ok just asking because the gen1 and gen2 have different part numbers so just incase your going to order make sure youre looking at a gen1 diagram :)

ok just asking because the gen1 and gen2 have different part numbers so just incase your going to order make sure youre looking at a gen1 diagram :)

Cool, thanks for the tip, will do!

you also said that it fires from the decocked position does it fire when you decock or when you pull the trigger at a decock state?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

If your looking for internal parts try tokyo model company. Picked up a new inner barrel and recoil spring from them for my system 7 usp compact recently and it seemed like they had a lot of internal replacement / upgrade parts.

you also said that it fires from the decocked position does it fire when you decock or when you pull the trigger at a decock state?

The decock mechanism dosen't work on one of them at all,

if you cock either pistol and put on the safety they still fire,

if you have them both decocked and on safety they fire,

if the cock, decock then apply safety they still fire,

am I missing any scenario?

Is this the right diagram? and if so what part is it that I need?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/diagram.jpg/

thanks!

in your case you need parts 83 and 60 :)

Holy thread revival batman!

Getting back into airsofting again after a bit of a sabbatical... never got around to ordering these parts, anyone know the best place to order them from?

Also looking to buy the tools for take off the connectors for the mags cos they're leaking and need to be re-sealed, anyone know where to get them?

Advertisement